INSANITY: Started 07/10/13

Options
Hey guys, started insanity yesterday and it gave me a reality check into my levels of fitness (very poor). Would love to hear from people that are starting out soon or are already through the journey to a healthier and energetic lifestyle.

Would love any tips and info about the experience gained by those that have completed the program.

Ciao :smile:

Replies

• Squeeks70
    Squeeks70 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Bump for later reading.
  • Crumpet_Girl
    Crumpet_Girl Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    hello bash_86 :-) I am an insanity grad and just started T25 yesterday. I've also done P90X, Asylum,Les Mills Combat and some of p90X x2 but I think Insanity was the toughest by far! Good luck and my best and only advice is DON'T STOP!

Jen
  • bash_86
    bash_86 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely not a quitter Jen. Thanks for the supporting words. You've had great results and I hope I can emulate them as well. I wish you luck with the new program. Have you started it?

Also did you stick to the nutrition guide or did you just eat your own meals but made them more healthier? Thanks
  • Crumpet_Girl
    Crumpet_Girl Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Sorry bash_86! I am hopeless at checking back. Yes I am on week 2 day 2 of T25 and enjoying it. I have lost about 2.5lbs too so that's exciting :-)

I did stick to the nutrition with Insanity - not the exact foods but I did the 1800 cals and divided between the 5 meals. I do remember I hardly saw any movement on the scales the first month - lots of changes in my body but only a lb or so down but by the second month I was done 18lbs and looked and felt completely different.

How are you going?
  • bash_86
    bash_86 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Not to worry i had something important come up as well and therefore had to restart the programme today. Fingers crossed there arent anymore more glitches for the foreseaable future.

Hows T25 going?
  • ninjakitty419
    ninjakitty419 Posts: 349 Member
    Options

I did stick to the nutrition with Insanity - not the exact foods but I did the 1800 cals and divided between the 5 meals. I do remember I hardly saw any movement on the scales the first month - lots of changes in my body but only a lb or so down but by the second month I was done 18lbs and looked and felt completely different.

I sure hope that it is that way for me, too. i am in week 4 of Insanity and I haven't lost a thing. Haven't measured or taken a recent pic so idk if I have changes there but the scale has done nothing.
  • justyce4me83
    Options
    I have just started today! I don't know if Im supposed to count today since it was only the fit test but I sure hope to complete it. Need big changes. I only have the dvd's, Where can I find the nutrition guide and all? Also I am breast feeding. Does anyone know how I figure out how many calories I need a day during this workout? ANY help would be greatly appreciated !!
  • samiyan05
    samiyan05 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I'm on week 3 day 2! ! I've lost 1lb lol I can def tell a difference I'm myself tho. Not visually so much but more of what I'm capable of. It feels so good to be able to do some of those moves! (except pushups :(, they are my mortal enemy lol) I'm hoping next month the weight start to come off!
  • d3ck5
    d3ck5 Posts: 47
    Options
    week 3 day 3 here.

not much weight lost.

huge improvement on my second fitness test after my initial one.

in all honesty, the exercise is the easy part, its the "watching what you eat" that's the hard part.

master both, and your on your way to eternal happiness (or something along those lines)

:)
  • Cat232013
    Cat232013 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Sorry bash_86! I am hopeless at checking back. Yes I am on week 2 day 2 of T25 and enjoying it. I have lost about 2.5lbs too so that's exciting :-)

How are you going?

Hi I am in the same boat, I'm nearly done with week 4 (starting the recovery week on Saturday) and have only lost 1-2 lbs but feel better and stronger. I've been following the nutrition guide fairly closely, sticking to the 1600 cals (I'm 5'2) and eating healthily but not necessarily only the meal choices in the plan.
    I'm hoping that the results start showing when I start Month 2, but I was just wondering if you increased your calories at all during Month 2? I calculated myself at 'moderately active' for the first month because the insanity workouts added up to approx 4.5 hours a week but I'm not sure if I now need to count myself as 'very active' because it will be closer to 6 hours with the longer workouts?