help!!! im craving bad!

Options
2»

Replies

• MuseofSong
    MuseofSong Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I'm a eat it if you have calories for it person, BUT if it's a 'trigger' for you and you know you could get set off into a binge, do NOT do it.

Unless you're willing to exercise it off, just leave it alone.

Trigger foods may have to be dealt with someday, but that's probably best handled on a calm day with a clear head, not when you're already tired from work. Just being tired can make you want to eat (even when you're not really hungry).
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    I suppose i could take another look at my intake and just bring another healthy snack tomorrow. I think its mainly just that i got so addicted to fast food though because i ate really well today and im not feeling hungry really. I used to hit drive thru at least twice a day. It was bad! And not normal portions or healthy options either. So i feel if i have it now, even a bit it would get out of control again. When i started here i told myself no drive thru. Even if i want something different than what's in my kitchen, id much rather go to the grocery store and make it myself so its healthier. sorry for my grammar slip ups, i am writing from a cell phone right now. thanks guys for your help!

Telling yourself "no drive thru" or no anything really, is a recipe for disaster. As aforementioned, this is a lifestyle change. Unless you are planning on giving up fast food forever and ever amen, don't make it a limitation.

Actually, some of us did give up fast food. I haven't had any for two years. It was one of those things that I could not do once in a while.
  • somerisagirlsname
    somerisagirlsname Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I suppose i could take another look at my intake and just bring another healthy snack tomorrow. I think its mainly just that i got so addicted to fast food though because i ate really well today and im not feeling hungry really. I used to hit drive thru at least twice a day. It was bad! And not normal portions or healthy options either. So i feel if i have it now, even a bit it would get out of control again. When i started here i told myself no drive thru. Even if i want something different than what's in my kitchen, id much rather go to the grocery store and make it myself so its healthier. sorry for my grammar slip ups, i am writing from a cell phone right now. thanks guys for your help!

Telling yourself "no drive thru" or no anything really, is a recipe for disaster. As aforementioned, this is a lifestyle change. Unless you are planning on giving up fast food forever and ever amen, don't make it a limitation.

Actually, some of us did give up fast food. I haven't had any for two years. It was one of those things that I could not do once in a while.

That's exactly what I was saying. I wasn't being sarcastic when I said "unless you're planning on giving up fast food forever."
  • d6melanie
    d6melanie Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I used to work in an office that brought in the most AMAZING pastries a few times a week. So I started this mantra. "I'm just not going to have that, today. I can get it in the future if I want to."

So, just don't get Taco Bell today, you can get it in the future if you want to.
  • rockstar2b66
    Options
    Thanks guys for all your help! It's great to know there is support if I'm having a bad day. I actually got off work and went straight home to make some cooked veggies. It does feel good knowing that I resisted and I saved money! Thanks again!