Wanted bad food

Options
for some reason, this week has been really hard, I have been wanting to snack and want things I don't need like fried chicken and fried fish!!! What's the deal....?

Replies

• bonniecameron68
    Options
    I know what you mean! There are certain times when my body is craving carbs and high fat foods, mostly after I have exercised alot and not eaten enough during the week. I guess my body is fighting back to gain some weight, plus my blood sugar levels are out of wack when I don't eat enough and the right kinds of healthy foods. Try tricking your body by eating healthy alternatives to fried foods, like baking your chicken or using olive oil and whole wheat crackers as a coating on your chicken and bake it or use the BBQ. Good Luck!
  • 1Steph1
    1Steph1 Posts: 145
    Options
    It happens. Dont give in! :) MAke sure when you do eat our getting enough protein and eating whole grains to help you feel full if your full your cravings should be less :)
  • dfwtxmissy
    dfwtxmissy Posts: 102
    Options
    So how about grilled chicken salad? I however did eat one of my husbands onion rings...handled the crave!
  • absie107
    absie107 Posts: 290
    Options
    well, it's probably a craving. when you do crave those foods... I suggest you try making them yourself at home from scratch. doing work in the kitchen as well as knowing what goes into it will burn/save calories on your end, and it's gratifying to make things yourself!!! here's a good recipe for you: http://www.goodhousekeeping.com/recipefinder/healthy-fried-chicken-ghk

300 calories per serving... not a ton of ingredients... :)
  • blakejohn
    blakejohn Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    it's in you mind your body will run on any food you give it, have you use food for confort or do you eat when your bored?

if you use food for rewards then by all means reward yourself with something, set a goal reach the goal get the reward.
    I love fried chicken and catfish with hush puppies
  • lilchino4af
    lilchino4af Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    search for recipes in the MFP forums for healthier versions of fried chicken. Uses healthier ingredients and doesn't involve frying but gives you that same texture/satisfaction. So when you're craving something just find healthier ways to eat it; that's the best way I found to be successful in losing weight (not to mention I don't miss the old style food anymore!).
  • bigkev2663
    Options
    I have those cravings also and as long as you do not overdue it satisfy them every once in a while......I actually do not mind giving into a craving some times because when i do I feel guilty and excersise to burn off the guilty craving plus more.....a lot of my cravings are sweet so I resort to the 100 calorie packs from Hostess or Nabisco....good luck and keep up the good work....
  • DeserveVictory
    DeserveVictory Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    In times like that I have a chant that works well for me.

Nothing Tastes as Good as Thin Feels!

Over and over until I am convinced that I don't want the item anymore.

I also find a mug of plain green tea helps kill off cravings too, especially pre-period cravings.