Hey looking for motivation buddies :)

Options
Hello I'm Amanda and I wanted to introduce myself. I'm not really new to this, I've tried MFP a few times but always fell flat after a week or two. I'm damn near determined to get my *kitten* into shape before I go back to school in the spring for my pre-nursing and I would love some support. I'm pretty easy-going and I'll motivate you in return. I've struggled with weight all my life but I've so far managed to lose 35 pounds since march of last year and have about 50 more to go.

Add me if you'd like! :)

Replies

• Habeeebs
    Options
    Stick with it! I graduated studying Exercise Science / Pre-Physical therapy so I know the school is demanding but make time for yourself. I used to get made fun of for being the fat kid and now the same people ask me for advice due to all the time I spent training along with my exercise science education. Having lost a ton of weight and getting into shape...the most gratifying thing is others noticing and giving you positive feedback. Just set yourself a long term goal (I will lose 20 lbs by January), a short term goal (I will lose 5 lbs in the next month), and process goals of how you will achieve that (I will eat 1700 calories a day and run for 30 minutes).

Sorry for typing a novel haha but I wish you the best. Results are incredibly rewarding and you feel so empowered, give it time and stick with it. Good luck :)
  • ayeesunshine
    Options
    Thanks for the reply! Good advice :)
  • izWHATitIz
    izWHATitIz Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Goal setting is the best way to get were you wanna be. Another key to anything is consistency. As long as you pick achievable goals and stay consistent you'll accomplish you end state. Plenty of awsome poeple on MFP to keep you motivated. I'll send a friend invite to help you keep that track.
  • MamaBii14
    Options
    I am in the same boat, sort of. I too have struggled with my weight all my life. At the start of my college career I lost 60 pounds and kept it off for a year and a half. After a serious relationship and a baby almost all of it came back. I am so ready to find the motivation again!
  • Habideen22
    Options
    It sounds as if your set on changing your lifestyle, given this is your third crack at it. Now my advice is to get your mind into it. Get focused on improving. Don't damn near be determined, be determined. This is a lifestyle change but your not alone as you can see. One day at a time, one change at a time. Hope to track your journey, best wishes to you.