Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

how long do you exercise in a day?

Replies

• mrsamanda86
    mrsamanda86 Posts: 869 Member
    3 days a week 60 minutes and 2 days a week 90 minutes. I throw in an extra 30 minutes on the elliptical when I'm really feeling it :)
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,605 Member
    60-90 min most days. sometimes more, sometimes less. i walk every day, at least half an hour. then i either run, lift or dance. and have an occasional just walking day.
  • lfhibiz
    lfhibiz Posts: 12
    Everyone's body chemistry is different, some more than others, I found that I respond better to exercising everyday, on the weekends a hike, bike ride, gardening, trying to chase down my dog who has just stolen my underwear, what ever. For a gym reference I am in there 5 to 6 days a week, I prefer to run about 30-40 minutes about 4-5 days a week, with abs every day, resistance train the other two, so about 90 minutes a day, everyday.
  • Beckboo0912
    Beckboo0912 Posts: 447 Member
    I aim for at least an hour of dedicated me time 6 days a week...it usually is on the elliptical because that's at home and I don't have to wake up my son to go to the gym
  • TonyaPietrzak
    TonyaPietrzak Posts: 59 Member
    Anywhere between 30min to an hour. But I think I need to up that for me to lose more lbs in a week.Cause losing 1lb is not enough!
  • majica8
    majica8 Posts: 210 Member
    Depends how far I cycle. Minimum 30 mins, usually closer to 1 hour 40 mins - 2 hours.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    40-70 minutes. Cardio is only 2-3 days a week. My weight routine takes about 30-40 minutes and I do that twice a week. I'm not super into working out. Bleeecchhhh.
  • EddieHaskell97
    EddieHaskell97 Posts: 2,227 Member
    Min 30 minutes - Max 120 minutes
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Around 30-40 minutes a day, 5 days a week.
  • just_Jennie1
    just_Jennie1 Posts: 1,233
    I do 30 min. of cardio followed by a 60+ min. of lifting every day.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,865 Member
    45 - 60 minutes 6 days per week. I have one rest day. I alternate cardiovascular fitness days and weight training days. I will occasionally have a longer bike ride that may take me to 90 to 120 minutes, but that's not very routine.
  • trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    1 hr 4 times a wk doing interval water aerobics.Some times I add another 15-30 mins. Try to walk an hr ,a couple times a wk,depending on weather.
  • frankiep73
    frankiep73 Posts: 40 Member
    30-60 minutes/day for up to 4 times a week now. I am a mommy of a 2 year old and I work full time out of the home so I pack as much in as I can when I do it. I just don't have more than that to spend exercising so I do what I can. the 60 minutes days are usually killers and the trainer who leads our small class really kicks our butts!
  • lfhibiz
    lfhibiz Posts: 12
    I first run on the treadmill from 30-60min but thats not a real workout
    So next is either my butt bible dvd or supreme90day dvd and those are 30 min of hell!

The only time i will workout for long is if im dancing!! Once i start i dont wanna stop! :-)

ummm yeah...that butt bible is really working for you...tell your man how lucky he is...dang...
  • erikmsp72
    erikmsp72 Posts: 137 Member
    I do about an hour of cardio and about a half hour of strength-building stuff on an average day.
  • nicoleashley_24
    nicoleashley_24 Posts: 144 Member
    Usually an hour to an hour and a half.. that includes some cardio to warmup and cooldown, five to ten minutes of stretching and the rest is lifting.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    a hour of cardio and half an hour of lifting 4-5 days per week.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    sorry meant to say HALF an hour of cardio and half an hour of lifting 4-5 days per week.
  • KimJohnsonsmile
    KimJohnsonsmile Posts: 222 Member
    For me it really depends on the day and what's going on. If I drive to my regular office (an hour away), I shoot for 1/2 hour. If I can work locally, I'll get in an hour. If both of my kiddos have sports in the evenings, I just skip a day and try not to feel guilty about it. :)

And, I do various forms of exercise... some of my favorites are TurboFire, Body Revolution, and I jog and bike.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    30 minutes weight lifting 3x per week. 30 minutes walking or light jog 2-3x per week, but sometimes I slack on that and only do it once a week.