What are the best low calorie foods?

bigkev2663
bigkev2663 Posts: 9
edited September 21 in Food and Nutrition
I have always been a big eater...I think most of my problem was that I just liked the act of eating.....filling my mouth and chewing! I also love the tastes do not get me wrong...I am also a boredom eater and sometimes eat because I am bored or am watching Tv.......I have been doing well with this program in conjunction with the Wii fit but sometimes my body needs that eating fixation...any one feel this way sometimes? I need a good low calorie food that I can indulge on sometimes to satisfy this aspect of my life....any ideas?

Replies

• mocosa74
    mocosa74 Posts: 42
    fat free popcorn is a good filler, if you just want to keep your mouth moving ..or maybe some sugar free gum??
  • snack a jacks are good. really really yummy plus when im feeling peckish any kind of cup a soup is good, or a low fat yogurt..but the best thing ive found is fruit..like plums and nectarines...chop them up and put them in a bowl. and eat them like you would crisps. :)
  • fitterpam
    fitterpam Posts: 3,064 Member
    My favourite tv watching snack is plain old baby carrots - they're super easy to do, kinda like my old chips were...they have the satisfying crunch and I can make a serving last through a whole hour long show, which does me for the evening. At 35 calories a serving (14 pieces), I can't beat it.

Overall though, I try to make sure all my snacks are around the 100 cal mark....so at work, I make 2 snacks (one for morning, one for afternoon around 3pm, when I tend to crash). My favs are:

Skinny Cow Fat Free Fudge Bar
    Baby Goldfish Crackers
    Apple with Peanut Butter
    Yogurt & Berries
    Almonds
    Edamame
    Fruit - of any kind
    Pretzel Sticks (watch the sodium though)
  • dmalbrand
    dmalbrand Posts: 12 Member
    pickles!
  • fitterpam
    fitterpam Posts: 3,064 Member
    fat free popcorn is a good filler, if you just want to keep your mouth moving ..or maybe some sugar free gum??

Yeah - sugar free gum is my saviour....
  • kristinlough
    kristinlough Posts: 828 Member
    Buy an air popper and pop your own popcorn. You can use I Can't Believe It's Not Butter spray, cinnamon, tabasco, and I'm sure a bunch of other toppings (for little-to-no calories) and eat a bowl of popcorn for under 200 calories.

And on top of that, you stay away from a lot of the preservatives and fillers in so many low-cal foods!
  • My favourite tv watching snack is plain old baby carrots - they're super easy to do, kinda like my old chips were...they have the satisfying crunch and I can make a serving last through a whole hour long show, which does me for the evening. At 35 calories a serving (14 pieces), I can't beat it.

oh i like that idea myself :) ill be trying that
  • zenzoes
    zenzoes Posts: 187
    Frozen fruit is the best! I will freeze up some blueberries one night and munch on them while watching movies. (make sure you keep a napkin handy, your fingers will turn blue hehe) Some nights frozen pineapple. Pineapple taste so good frozen, the sweetness dulls some and the texture is different, yet enjoyable. I either freeze up fresh stuff, or buy frozen fruit mixes and measure out a few cups to snack on. You can eat lots and still be way under cals.
This discussion has been closed.