eating less but weight loss still slow

Options
I have been consuming under my maientenance for the last week but the scale only moves a few pounds and goes back up, i have been shorting the excercise i went dormant for a week due to certain life issue but know im back at it, today i did make a poor choice in eating burger king but it was all i ate today and i did 20 minutes on the treadmill between 3.3-3.5 and i did 28 minutes of low impact cardio with the slim in 6 workout dvd with my less eating why isnt the scale moving fast i noticed that when i eat really below my maintenace like 1000 cals the scale drops in a day.

how much cardio should i do or should i just focus on lifting

Replies

• SuperCrsa
    SuperCrsa Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    Slow and steady wins the race.

Depends on your diary, what your goals are and what you eating.

I ignore the scale. That is so inaccurate for me.
    Measurements and progress pics will show a real difference.

Cardio/Lifting: that depends on you, I only do 30 min cardio per week and 4 times per week strength training.
    Seeing a lot better results on my own body than when I did higher cardio sessions. RESULTS on my body, my scale is up and down and all around. But I can SEE I am losing. So who cares what the scale says. :)
  • briandahawaiian
    briandahawaiian Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    MissC is right, the scale is just a tool, it's not 100% accurate. How are your clothes fitting? Your body will let you know when your losing weight. Also maybe you are not eating enough on most days.
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    People will need more information to give you any specific advice such as your weight and calorie intake an open diary would also help.