could you look please?

Options
https://scontent-a-cdg.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/299237_10150403874485971_684026952_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/1148898_10151805505245971_274677958_n.jpg

Ok so i've tried to put in pictures and i really can't!

Basically the top link is what i weighed at 10 st 8

The bottom one was taken in august this year for my mums 50th.

After eating in my macros and cardio i get on the scale and it tells me im 11 stone??!!

Do you guys see the difference? does it look like ive gained?

Replies

• khadijak17
    khadijak17 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    anyone?
  • Red_Scorpio_www
    Options
    299237_10150403874485971_684026952_n.jpg
  • Red_Scorpio_www
    Options
    1148898_10151805505245971_274677958_n.jpg
    there you are beautiful :)
  • khadijak17
    Options
    Thank you! i need to learn how to do this! :)
  • Red_Scorpio_www
    Options
    You have really lost a lot :) well done :) you have cute features :)
  • khadijak17
    Options
    the reason for posting was because at the moment the scale is being evil and i just wanted opinions from others on here so thanks :)
  • poedunk65
    poedunk65 Posts: 1,336 Member
    Options
    your a very pretty lady
  • glenclouser
    glenclouser Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Yes indeed! Well done:)
  • lauren3101
    lauren3101 Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    You said it yourself - the scale is evil. If you look slimmer and are slimmer, does it matter what the scale says?

It depends on what kind of exercises you have been doing, when strength training, it is normal to weigh more than you did but still lose body fat.
  • khadijak17
    Options
    i haven't done anything other than cardio, i couldnt understand why the scale was saying i was 11 stone thats why i thought id ask for others opinion, i'll be staying off the scale for a while now thanks for your feedback :) x
  • mrsamanda86
    mrsamanda86 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    I'm assuming the top picture is the before? You definitely look smaller in the bottom picture, but that could just be because the dress in the top picture is kind of frumpy(not trying to offend you or your style lol, it's just not a figure flattering dress for non-twigs). You are very pretty though, agreed with others :) As long as you feel better and are eating right/exercising, tell the scale to piss off.
  • khadijak17
    Options
    lol not offended at all thank you :)
  • suzyfj8
    suzyfj8 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    You definitely look thinner, especially your face. I think leave the scales for a while, you could be gaining muscle (due to the cardio as it still works and strengthens your muscles) which means you are losing body fat but gaining muscle so the scales may increase but in a good way, but truly you look thinner :)
  • socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    the reason for posting was because at the moment the scale is being evil and i just wanted opinions from others on here so thanks :)

Trust me I know where you are coming from. The scale has been evil to me for months. I was stuck in the low 170s for what seems like forever. I was on the brink of giving up. But encouragement from my friends (one in particular) really helped. I also changed up how I was eating, started doing weights and cardio. I also bought a timer and do interval of 60 seconds of: kettle bell swings, jogging real hard on the spot, 5 minutes of stair climbing and weight training.

Monday I woke up feeling very light, was frightened of getting on the scale, well I decided to take the bull by the horns and guess what: On Friday, I was 170.6, Monday the scale showed I am not 168.8. My clothes are getting really loose. I have gone from a size 14 pants to size 10, 12 is really loose in the waist, tops from XL/L to Medium/Large. I shall continue with my mixed up exercise and way of eating.

I gave up on MFP and TDEE; decided to set my own calories (because I do not have a thyroid - take Synthroid daily). I found that I was not losing weight; my calories are set to 1757 and I do not eat back my exercise calories.
  • joolywooly33
    joolywooly33 Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    You definitely look slimmer in the bottom picture...I am in a similar situation, dropping inches but not much on the scales, I try not to let it bother me! Keep up the good work.
  • Lindaspencer
    Lindaspencer Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    U can totally tell u look thinner in the bottom one -

Your face is so much thinner - and i can tell in the legs too - its harder to see stomach, waist, arms in the shirt and the angle you are standing compared to the top - but I can totally see progress :)
    It might come off slower than we like - but it is coming off - keep at it - and dont get discouraged - :)
  • khadijak17
    Options
    I really don't mind it coming off slower but its at times where its not coming off and apparently going back on thats annoying me lol thank you so much for all your opinions i have taken them on board and will keep going :) x
  • Kennesaw24
    Kennesaw24 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    You're just beautiful, and don't let that scale rule! I can easily say that because I worried about that hunk of metal for so many years and finally just gave it up three years ago. The scale really doesn't matter if you like how you look!

If I fit into the clothes I want to fit into, and look good while doing it, I'm happy. Recently, I wanted to wear a certain dress, and I could squeeze into it, but that's not what I want, so more dedication as far as food and exercise is needed. Soon, the dress will fit fine.

Keep up the great work -- you look terrific!
  • Cae_Troi
    Cae_Troi Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Very often you can be replacing fat for muscle, which unfortunately is heavier. So the scale may say you've gained a stone, but when you look in the mirror you are slimmer. This is because you are more toned than before. I definitely think you've slimmed and toned. You look gorgeous. Keep up the good work my love!
  • khadijak17
    Options
    Thank you so much for all your kind words :)