How do you get your tan?

Replies

• hOw2lozeAgiN10dAze
    hOw2lozeAgiN10dAze Posts: 1,841 Member
    In the sun, the old fashioned way.
  • stephanieross1
    stephanieross1 Posts: 388 Member
    I'm Irish... so my tan is lobster red.

this is my problem. then I go right back to being white.
  • devilwhiterose
    devilwhiterose Posts: 1,157 Member
    I'm black. I was born with it

You win. LOL

I get mine outside...naturally...while mowing the lawn. :tongue:
  • Kidostud
    Kidostud Posts: 307 Member
    In the sun. I have to coach sport and also while I'm spending time with my horses every day. I'm really pale during winter, though!
  • xvxCelticWandererxvx
    xvxCelticWandererxvx Posts: 2,890 Member
    At the pool, where I was most times this summer, and doing yard work.
  • I'm half Hawaiian, so I was born this way...
  • candacet36
    candacet36 Posts: 353 Member
    I avoid the sun.... and love my skin!:bigsmile:
  • scruffykaz
    scruffykaz Posts: 317 Member
    I'm half indian so I'm naturally tanned :-D
  • jessicapk
    jessicapk Posts: 574 Member
    From the sun but I'm Irish blooded so it only turns into a tan if my freckles join forces!
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    I don't tan on purpose, but I have very fair skin, so if I want to enjoy my life, it's inevitable I'm going to get color.

What color I have comes mostly from exercising outside -- walking/running and swimming. Sometimes a day at the beach.
  • LankyYankee
    LankyYankee Posts: 260 Member
    Go outside. Run around. Shower, rinse, repeat
  • funforsports
    funforsports Posts: 2,656 Member
    I play outside. Sometimes without a shirt.
  • EddieHaskell97
    EddieHaskell97 Posts: 2,227 Member
    I dream of Fake n' Bake, because my "tan" can only come from a bottle. Unfortunately, I'm awful at applying it correctly, and have to use a booth.
  • FearAnLoathingJ
    FearAnLoathingJ Posts: 337 Member
    its pretty obvious from my pic that I prefer to be ghastly
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    From a bronzer SPF lotion and from the sun. High SPF (50-110) + Sun for hours a day = light golden tan without a burn.

I have little choice to be in the sun all the time because of where I live (I guess I could stay inside all day, but...) so I'm always slathered in SPF. Nevertheless, I still have a decent light tan. I don't glow but I don't look deep tanned, either.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    At the beach in the summer. :P
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,865 Member
    The sun...I'm outside a lot, and often without a shirt in the summer months. I get pretty pasty in the winter though...save for maybe my head and face.
  • Mostly running/walking but also I'm at the beach all summer.
  • lizz2013
    lizz2013 Posts: 331 Member
    Whether you go to a salon or use the bottled stuff, if you are going to fake tan you need to do a couple of things to avoid the orange streaky look.

exfoliate thoroughly, especially knees, ankles, elbows. Don't bother with an exfoliating cream, just use a loofah or rough flannel.
    moisturise and moisturise again. The fake tan reacts to dry skin, the more you have the deeper the colour so you need to even it all out.

I'd recommend using a light colour or gradual tanner (the hint of sun stuff) so that you can build it up and avoid the awkward deep orange if anything goes wrong.

Fake tan takes a lot of effort if you want to look natural, but it can be done. Even the cheap supermarket brand stuff works.

if it goes wrong mix lemon juice with salt and rub/wash the orange off :)
  • bloominheck
    bloominheck Posts: 869 Member
    <----