Effort and personal gains...

Options
I think from time you time you need to show others the results of long term effort, and the desperation that some people go through to reach their goal. Long long after recieving a letter from the doctor about my cholestrol level and weight ( after years of being informed to do something about it), I ended up having to really think about things, and to sum it up, was it really worth the effort??? Over the years I'd had tried to cut back on food, watched the fat contents, tried to increase physical activities, but at the end of the day the issue was finding the time, time for food preparation, time in the shops making wise choices of food, time for activities etc. I guess the price was time, and I mean to spend it on ME, to say no to others at times, say NO to overtime at work ( and behonest most of us need it). To fit in exercises I do have to on most occassions get up at 4:30 am for maybe 15 or 20 mins workouts, while the others in the evening watch a TV program I'll be out for a run or on my bike, even when leaving work after 14 hrs I'll end up in the works gymsome night.... For what in 3 months I lost 35.5 lbs, my blood pressure has dropped from 145/85 to 120/75, I dont pant getting to the top of the stairs any more, when responding to attack alarms at work I'm often still with the breath to deal with the situation, clothing is easier to find that fits me in the high street stores, and mostly I feel good about myself, a little bit of pride, it's something that I have accomplished with support from friends, relatives, and mostly my friends on MFP who have had such kind words in the morning and in the evening... No one can take it away from me that " I did it" "My effort" which rightly will be "Your effort" "your results" "your gain".. There were times when I coouldn't be bothered, so on those days you give it a rest, recover, get your thoughts togeather, pick yourself up and brush your self down, then and only then do you start again, it's not a race, it's a journey that you should enjoy....

I wish every one success in their effort and your pathway has brought you to MFP, so give it your best shot, effort and commitment because the only time it will not work is if you walk away from it (other than poor health etc...)

Take care.....

Replies

• __freckles__
    __freckles__ Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    Good job Paul! I am so proud of you and honored to have you as a friend. It's really great that you have taken control of your life and the results speak for themselves. Keep it up!