Anyone with 100+ lbs to lose/lost?

Options
GrynEyes18
GrynEyes18 Posts: 8 Member
edited November 2023 in Getting Started
:smile: I just started using this and actually yesterday was my first day! Anyone have any great advice of what kind of meal plan they followed aside from just following the calore intake would be greatly appreciated. Also, if you want to friend me that is fine I am great at giving and receiving support lol!! :-) Thank you all in advance!

Replies

• askeates
    askeates Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    In my own personal experience, patience is the best advice I can give you.

A lot of people start "dieting" thinking that they can lose quickly and get very frustrated when they don't see enough loss fast enough. Just remember it took time to get to this point, it will take time to lose.

Next, do not starve yourself! Your body needs fuel to operate at it's best capacity.... I suggest reading the below topics, these 2 MFPers are amazing!

The Basics

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/819925-the-basics-don-t-complicate-it

Not posted in this group yet, but the much more comprehensive and expanded version of "The Basics' thread:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants

Setting Your Calorie and Macro Targets

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/819055-setting-your-calorie-and-macro-targets

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1058378-oh-noes-i-am-eating-below-my-bmr

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1072049-thoughts-on-tdee-calculators-and-switching-from-mfp-to-tdee

Exercise calories

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/818082-exercise-calories-again-wtf

Logging accuracy

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/872212-you-re-probably-eating-more-than-you-think

Take a little time and really read these threads, I have found them extremely helpful!

Best of luck to you :drinker:
  • Sarahndipity30
    Sarahndipity30 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I eat just about anything I want, as long as it's within my calories for the day. I try to stay away from alot of carbs and unnatural sugars. For me personally, 155g of carbs or leas is what I aim for. And It suits me. I usually tend to shoot higher for proteins.(180-220g) - Protein shakes, Bars and whey powders. I personally avoid anything with Creatine in it. I'm 6'1 though and have about 125 lbs to lose.

Cottage cheese, Lean meats like Turkey and Chicken and fish,Tuna- broiled,baked or steamed versus fried, I avoid heavy salad dressings because they can be the devil (lots of calories). If I HAVE to have a soda i have a coke zero - but ive been cutting back on those period. LOTS of water!! :) Weigh your food..you would be so surprised how much an actual serving of something is!! :indifferent:

Really, everyone is different. Some people can tolerate types of foods easier than others. Find what works for you. what keeps you full longer, and gets you through the day. it may take a month to really figure that out. But keep putting your food in your log, and be honest with yourself when you indulge. Thats key. We all have done it and still do it, so don't feel ashamed because you gave in and ate those cookies or a piece of cake. :) Whether you lose inches, lbs or find yourself making better choices throughout the week, that is ALL healthy proogress.!

Good Luck new friend! I KNOW you can do this!! :):flowerforyou:
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    i started on july 22nd weighing 278 at 5'5". my calories are set to 1400. so far ive lost 37 pounds. i stay within my calories and eat a lot of chicken and vegetables for dinner. i eat pretty much whatever i want as long as it is within my calories. my diary is open feel free to add me or take a peek. i walk alot as well. good luck!!
  • Slaintegrl
    Slaintegrl Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome! I too have over 100 lbs to lose and am on my journey. My best advice to you is to take it slowly, don't starve yourself, and choose healthy, natural foods. Lots of veggies and don't forget some fruit. Lean proteins such as turkey, chicken or fish - grilled, baked or broiled. Lots of water. Avoid as much as you can processed foods, sodas and junk (yes, I know all the good stuff!). It will take time - you didn't gain all the weight at once and you won't lose it all at once. Just be patient. After all, you're putting in place new, healthy habits that will last you the rest of your life. Most of all love yourself and take care of yourself. You are a beautiful person and you deserve all the best that life has to offer.
  • HotSouthernMess
    HotSouthernMess Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I have been doing this off and on since 2011. At one point, I had lost 68 pounds. My advice...don't deprive yourself. That way, you won't need to take as many "bad days" to feed your cravings. Moderation is key. I would also recommend playing around with your macros a little. Maybe start yourself with whatever MFP recommends for you and see how you do. If you don't see a loss or you feel like you're always hungry, try raising your calories a little (if it is set to 1200 like mine) or if you aren't losing, lower them a little. My calories were set to 1460 and I felt it was too high so I lowered it manually to 1240 and that gives me a little wiggle room. Some people will say to eat back your exercise calories, some will say not to. Find what works best for you. Read the forums, do your research. I have cut my carbs down to 100 a day and try to stay under that. I find lowering my carbs also lowers my calories. Drink lots of water. and MOVE!! Any kind of movement will do you good. Stick with it and don't let a bad day bring you down and make you fall off the wagon. They will happen, I promise! I would also recommend you open your diary to your friends. Accountability will help you more than you know. Log everything! And good luck!! Add me as a friend if you want :smile:
  • angelic843
    angelic843 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    There is an open group called the "Get Fit Chicks" for ladies looking to lose 100+ pounds.
  • 4daluvof_candice
    4daluvof_candice Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I usually take it one day at a time. Im a numbers freak :ohwell: so I play around alot with them. 5'6" started after birth 293 got down to 278 without exercise then started MFP again now Im stalling at 255. it happens but no stress. So I set my goals to lose 1lb a week eating 1840/day. So Im going to see how that works. Water and Moving is key...

But remember this is a journey of your new way of life not a race. One Day At A Time!!!! Good Luck to you!!:flowerforyou:
  • 40andFindingFitness
    40andFindingFitness Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Hi and Welcome,

I just eat within my calorie count, exercise more (wasn't doing much of it at all before hand), swap out foods I realized I could live without (for the moment), and drink more water. I am fairly new as well but I find that I would do terribly if I followed someone else's plan. For one, many people on here eat oatmeal, yogurt, and drink shakes. I absolutely hate the tast of oatmeal, I'm lactose intolerant, and shakes are something I do when I'm cold so, well you know. Find what works best for you and good luck.

PS- Added you.
  • JenLikes2Rock
    Options
    Hi! I'm new (sort of) too. I sent you a FR. I have 117lbs to lose - but if you look at my ticker it only shows 20 (I'm taking it 20lb incriments). Looking forward to cheering you on in your journey!
This discussion has been closed.