TDEE Question

Options
My weight loss had plateaued recently, so I switched to the TDEE method over the weekend. By that estimation, I should be eating 1640 calories (2052 - 20%). My question is, should I eat back exercise calories, or not?

Replies

• Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    no you should of factored exercise time into your calculation..
  • csaul777
    csaul777 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thank you!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    My weight loss had plateaued recently, so I switched to the TDEE method over the weekend. By that estimation, I should be eating 1640 calories (2052 - 20%). My question is, should I eat back exercise calories, or not?

did you include exercise when you calculated your TDEE?
  • Stage14
    Stage14 Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    Nope, you should figure your exercise into the lifestyle selection you make when figuring your TDEE and then eat the same amount of calories each day.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    no you should of factored exercise time into your calculation..

agreed.
  • csaul777
    csaul777 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    When I calculated it, for a light activity level it gives me 2052 (-20% = 1641) and for moderate 2313 (-20% = 1850). So, assuming I did the calculations right (I did check twice), those are the amount of calories I should be eating every day.
    I did unlink my fitbit to MFP to clear up any confusion on my part so I don't need to see it subtracting exercise calories and I don't think I can eat more calories.