Back again

Options
I was doing really well until this past June. I lost a baby and started eating junk again. I weighed nyself last night and cried then went to the store. My goal is to eat really healthy for 3 days of the week, watch my calories for 3 days and have a cheat day once a week. Today is day one. I've been drinking hot tea and water. I feel like I am going to die. Normally, I've had a few pops by now. I feel like I have the flu and I don't. I am moody and I just want to sleep. When does this wear off? I think last time it took 2 weeks for this to go away. I hate myself for doing this to myself again. Plus, I've gained back almost all the weight I lost! Grrrr!

Replies

• LittleAngelamj
    LittleAngelamj Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss. I can't imagine what you have been through, But we are all here to help support you through this weight loss journey.. Welcome back.
  • qpmomma1
    qpmomma1 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Thank you. I think once I get past the sugar addiction It'll be better. I am looking forward to the support!
  • jamie88moore
    jamie88moore Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I am excactly where u are....starting today and a sugar addict...good luck!!!!
  • qpmomma1
    Options
    Thank you! Good luck to you too!
  • judy20in2011
    judy20in2011 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    When I quite soda I found it took me about 5 days to really feel my withdrawals ease. If you are able to control yourself, try eating about 20 or so chocolate chips. Eat them one at a time, let them dissolve in your mouth and savor it. I think you'll feel some of that craving and tension subside and you aren't doing a lot of damage to your eating plan.

Having done this before, just remember that you KNOW it does get better, you know that you are strong and capable. You've been through a lot both physically and emotionally, be kind to yourself and take it one step at a time.
  • pfsweets
    pfsweets Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I am as well so sorry about your loss. I have been on a up and down cycle for years with my weigh and it always seems like a family or friend tragedy, or just normal stress sets me off again into a spiral. I have tried every diet on earth and can never stay on them. I am approaching 60 years old this March. I want to feel better about myself. I decided that instead of limiting all the things that I like I just write down everything I eat on the diary. It keeps me in touch with what I am eating and I don't feel like I limit the things I like.

I have been setting my calorie goal at 1200 per day and it is working. Adding exercise adds more calories to the day. As I lose some weight I feel like exercising more. Take it one day at a time, I am. I might fail again but I just keep trying.

2 lbs per week so far and I don't feel deprived.

Good luck to you and be kind to yourself.
  • 87Djones
    87Djones Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Sorry about your lost. If your used to drinking soda or anything high in sugar what help me stop drinking soda was drinking homemade tea with lemon or orange squeeze into it for flavor to start off with. I have not had a soda for about 10 years now and feel good
    :smile: If you need support feel free to add me
  • qpmomma1
    Options
    Thank you all!
  • sandraz30
    Options
    I too am so sorry for your loss....don't be too hard on yourself...you deserve whatever you need to get through this and this message board will help...take care:heart:
  • jenny32373
    jenny32373 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Having gone through that kind of loss myself, I'm deeply sorry... Best of luck to you <3
  • jen076
    jen076 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I am sorry for your loss as well. You will get back to it. It sounds like you are taking the steps so that is what matters. I too am addicted to sugar and that is something I am still working on. Good luck to you!