Breakfast?

Options
Hello! I am looking for some filling yet low calorie breakfast ideas.....
What do you all eat in the morning?

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Do a search, there are dozens of threads on the subject, you'll get your answer faster.
  • chezjuan
    chezjuan Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    I am at maintenance and mix it up a lot, but when I was losing weight Chobani Greek yogurt with fruit on the bottom (Strawberry, Blueberry are two of my faves) and a boiled egg. About 230 calories (depending on the size of the egg) and the protein is very satiating.
  • kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    M-F it's usually a protein shake and a slice of toast with peanut butter.
    On the weekends, I usually have oatmeal, eggs/bacon/toast, french toast, pancakes, or we head out for breakfast!
  • apricoteater
    apricoteater Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal. Best I have found. Since I had a coupon, I got those Quaker Pouches that are 110 calories. Then I add some nuts or raisins to bulk it up. It keeps me going until lunch!
  • RozayJones
    RozayJones Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for your ideas :flowerforyou:
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    nice bottle of beer works well.
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    What do you consider low calorie? That's a pretty subjective description...
  • leaaa92
    leaaa92 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    M - F I usually have a breakfast shake because I'm pressed for time. I throw some spinach or kale in the shakes to get some phytonutrients in there too. They're yummy, 20+ oz and usually only ~350 calories! :)
  • RozayJones
    Options

For this topic I am considering 350 cals or less....I should I put that in my first post.
  • highervibes
    Options

For this topic I am considering 350 cals or less....I should I put that in my first post.

In that case, see my breakfast from today and divide by two. I ate it as brunch after the gym which is why it's 620 calories, Normally this would be A WRAP and not 2 :P

Wrap + 2 scrambled eggs in a pat of butter + light processed cheese + 2 slices of ham = delicous and filling breakfast with excellent macros. Pair with fruit if you want.
  • thugstrife
    thugstrife Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Eggs and kale, eggs and sauteed zucchini, pretty much eggs and any vegetable.
  • RozayJones
    Options
    Thanks! Looks like I need to eat more eggs :)
  • Kattarra
    Kattarra Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I got this microwave egg cooker off amazon.com and I can cook an egg in the microwave in one minute. It takes me a total of three minutes to make a homemade egg muffin sandwich which I can eat in the car on the way to work
  • highervibes
    Options
    I got this microwave egg cooker off amazon.com and I can cook an egg in the microwave in one minute. It takes me a total of three minutes to make a homemade egg muffin sandwich which I can eat in the car on the way to work

I use a glass 1C Pyrex storage container, it's the perfect size for them. I coat the bottom with a little olive oil on a paper towel and my egg is ready before my english muffin is :P
  • cursiny
    cursiny Posts: 907 Member
    Options
    I do egg beaters with lots of veggies and a little cheese!
  • bevauc50
    Options
    I really find having a weetabix sorts me out for a good few hours, also scrambled eggs are quite filling with grilled tomatoes - hope that helps
  • bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Options
    Same thing everyday...it never gets old.

Old fashioned oatmeal (no packaged stuff!) with fresh or frozen blueberries and cinnamon, scrambled eggs with salsa, coffee and water.

I buy the whole rolled oats in the bulk section of the grocery store. Much cheaper than buying Quaker oats.

Edit: If I have time I'll also steam some broccoli or sauté some spinach in olive oil and garlic. Need those greens!
  • Kattarra
    Kattarra Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Oh I never though of that. What a great idea! The cooker was only 4 dollars though, but if it is dirty or I need to make more than one at a time I know what to do.

( replying to post above about using Pyrex for cooking egg in microwave ):smile:
  • Phoenix_Warrior
    Phoenix_Warrior Posts: 1,633 Member
    Options
    I do Greek yogurt, granola and fruit pretty much every day :)
  • shell_mc
    shell_mc Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    My diary is open, so you can take a peek if you need ideas.

Lately, I've been eating gluten free oatmeal with blackstrap molasses, ginger, cinnamon, and cloves. I add a chopped up apple.

I am a big cereal person.

Sometimes I do a protein smoothie. A scoop of protein powder, frozen berries, and unsweetened almond milk. It's filling and delicious!