2 week Weight Loss Kick Start Diet - Who wants to join me?

Options
sixpacklady
sixpacklady Posts: 582 Member
edited November 2023 in Getting Started
Hello all,

I have lost most of my pregnancy weight (40lbs) this year( Mar) when I was working out consistently and watching what I eat. But in Apr, I started working full time and with 2 older kids and a 1 year old my workouts were practically non existent.

I had gained back around 5-6 lbs till now from March. I am currently 125lbs with a big tummy (: I am 5'2" and would like to be at least 110lbs or lose 5 inches around my tummy.

So I have decided to kick start my next phase of workouts with a chicken breast and green veggies diet(borrowed from Rusty Moore, founder of Visual Impact workouts).
The diet is as follows:

Meal 1 - 1 boneless skinless chicken breast, green veggies.
Meal 2 - 1 boneless skinless chicken breast, green veggies.
Meal 3 - 1 boneless skinless chicken breast, green veggies.

So...you can be somewhat creative than what is described here.

You can make a stir fry with that chicken breast and vegetables...or a soup (chicken broth is fine)...or a salad with rice vinegar dressing.

This goal is to go low carb AND low fat.

Usually when you hear people go on a low carb diet, they are allowed a good amount of fat.That isn't the case here.Your goal with this diet is to tap into your body fat stores as quickly as possible. You want as little outside energy (carbs, dietary fat) as possible.

Allowed Vegetables:

Pretty much all vegetables with the exception of peas, carrots, corn, and beets.

When I'm doing this diet I mainly get cabbage, bell peppers, hot peppers, onions, broccoli, cucumbers, celery. cilantro, lettuce, kale, and a few others. Basically ingredients to make chicken soup, chicken salad, or chicken stir fry.

Get good at using these condiments:

Soy sauce, salsa, tobasco type sauce, vinegar, mustard, lemon juice, broth, and pretty much all spices.

You will probably be drinking more liquids...these are fine:

Water, plain coffee, plain tea (green or black), diet soda, or any of those sugar free calorie free flavored powders and liquids that you can add to water (Crystal Light).

...yes, I agree that diet drinks are probably a bad idea long term. This is just for 10-14 days and will help dramatically with this diet.

Tip: I make a large bowl of pico de gallo about every 4-5 days when doing this diet. Just cut up tomatoes, onions, cliantro, and as many hot peppers as you can handle. Poor it over your chicken and vegetables for a tasty meal.

I know that crash diets like these are not good for long term, but this is ONLY FOR A KICK START.

Anyone else would like to join me? I will start the diet next Mon, Oct 14th.

In addition to the diet plan described above, I might add 1 protein shake or 1-2 tbsp nut butter with lots of cinnamon, depending on how hungry I am. Its because I am nursing my 18 month old.

If you want to join, please reply to this thread with the following details:

Height:
Current Weight:
Inches if any that you would like to track:

Replies

• sixpacklady
    Options
    Height:5'2"
    Current Weight:125lbs
    Inches if any that you would like to track: waist - 34"
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    What should we expect to happen when we start eating fat and carbs again?
  • astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    Oh my.....:huh: :yawn:
  • sixpacklady
    Options
    Not sure if you read the entire post...

"I know that crash diets like these are not good for long term, but this is ONLY FOR A KICK START. "

Any one?

If you don't have any plans to join me , don't reply to this post.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Not sure if you read the entire post...

"I know that crash diets like these are not good for long term, but this is ONLY FOR A KICK START. "

Any one?

If you don't have any plans to join me , don't reply to this post.

Does this mean you don't know what we should expect to happen when we start eating fat and carbs again? Sorry, but I would need more details.

Best of luck to you, though.
This discussion has been closed.