splitting a workout over lunch and after work

Options
HI all, I am cramped for time tomorrow, so I can't do my normal 45 minute back routine all at once

instead I have about 25 minutes at lunch to do half of it and about 20-25 minutes after work to finish it

I know any exercise is generally "good", but is there any disadvantage to splitting up my "normal" 45 minute back workout over lunch & after work (so a 4 hour break half way thru my "normal" workout)?

Replies

• fivethreeone
    fivethreeone Posts: 8,196 Member
    Options
    The best way to exercise is the way that means you will actually do it.

Good for you for making it work
  • AbbyCar
    AbbyCar Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Bump.
  • SkinnyFatAlbert
    SkinnyFatAlbert Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    The best way to exercise is the way that means you will actually do it.

Good for you for making it work

This. Beats splitting your lunch and after work with sitting on your butt.
  • FizikallyFit
    FizikallyFit Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I almost always split up my routine because it is long and I die about half way through.

Strength training in the morning and cardio at night. Sometimes yoga instead.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    Do what you gotta do. Split the routine, or cut down on the number of lifts in favor of compound-ish lifts.
  • rob_base
    Options
    thanks for the pep talk but I guess what I am wondering is there any disadvantage?

Like usually I do deadlifts, weighted pullups & chin-ups, rows, stiff arm pull downs, and good mornings

So I'll probably do deadlifts and pullups & chin-ups at lunch

then rows, stiff arm pull downs and good mronings after work

I guess one of my questions since I have more of a break than I am used to (4 hrs between pull up / chin-ups and rows) should I try to hit rows harder than I usually would since I shouldn't be as tired after a 4 hr break if that makes sense?