Sometimes it takes a while for it to really sink in.

Options
LittleSpy
LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
I came across the most horrible and disgusting photo of myself today. The photo is horrible enough on its own... and then I realized it was taken last October -- AFTER I started losing weight September 8th last year. I had already lost *at least* EIGHTEEN POUNDS when this photo was taken. I say "at least" because I don't know my real heaviest weight. I was 272 when I bought my scale about a week into getting my sh** together. I guess there really aren't any photos of me at my heaviest but holy crap. :noway:

So... horrible horrible horrible picture of me at 252:
10112009about260pounds.jpg

This much better photo of me looking like a dork today at 193 (lowest adult weight ever, by the way):
080710.jpg

Today I guess I just finally realized how far I'd let myself go; and also how far I've come since then.

Replies

• abyt42
    abyt42 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    NICE! (and beautiful birds!)
  • bjshooter
    bjshooter Posts: 1,174 Member
    Options
    Could be a different person, well done, I bet you are so proud.

I always notice people look so much happier, in the after pics and often so much younger. A real glow about you.
  • eastcoaster
    Options
    Way to go! You look like a new person! Congrats, you are an inspiration!
  • jennpv
    jennpv Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Wow...you look FABULOUS!!! Inspiring!
  • AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh, you are looking so good! WTG! :flowerforyou:
  • BetterVersion
    Options
    Wonderful! You've done an excellent job and are looking absolutely gorgeous. =)
  • ADJulie
    ADJulie Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Incredible. You look amazing. Keep up the fantastic work.
  • HotMommy0609
    Options
    You look great and I love your hair! :happy:
  • 1QueenB
    1QueenB Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Wow you look GREAT!!!!!! I hope I can hang in here long enough on this journey to see some real change!!!!! Keep up the good work you look really good!:smile:
  • islandnutshel
    islandnutshel Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    Photo's can haunt you or move you. You have obviously been moving lots, don't give up, you are doing fantastic. I am scared to look around for a before picture. I thought I was lucky not to think of myself as overweight, but too bad I didn't notice earlier, I might have been saved some of the back pain. Well wishes, you are obviously on the right road.
  • Allibaba
    Allibaba Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on all your hard work paying off, you are looking wonderful!
  • jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    Lookin good
  • skinney1357
    Options
    Wow! You look amazing! Keep up the great work. I also love your new hair color :)
  • diet45
    diet45 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Awesome.....encouraging to the rest of us. You have come so far, can't see anything stopping you now!!!
  • funkyspunky871
    funkyspunky871 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!! :) Actually, I go to your profile at least twice a week to look at your progress pictures! Haha. Does that make me a creeper? Oh well. I'm so inspired.
  • VenturaGurl
    VenturaGurl Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Sometimes a picture speaks volumes....it's something we can't ignore! I'm so happy you have lost so much and look like you are feeling great! I think you look beautiful! Keep up the good work.
  • Rocki_
    Rocki_ Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    BEAUTIFUL!!! Job well done!! Keep up the awesome work!!

Rocki
  • Danielle_81
    Options
    So so cool!!
  • gnastro
    gnastro Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    What an amazing picture of yourself! Sometimes we need "look how far I have come." September will be one year since I joined also. Keep up the fantastic work!! You are an inspiration to all.:smile:
  • imma_rosta
    imma_rosta Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Holy ****, girl! You look amazing! Way to stick with it!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!