New Vegetarian.....but not loosing weight?

Options
13»

Replies

• cadaverousbones
    cadaverousbones Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Being a vegetarian or a vegan is not going to help you lose weight. It is a healthy lifestyle and can improve your health... but to lose weight you need to burn more calories than you take in. You have to have a calorie deficit of 3500 calories to lose 1 lb.
  • ZiezieO
    ZiezieO Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I know plenty of unhealthy vegetarians. Look at what you eat and how much. Bananas have lots of carbs and calories. They're good for you, not knocking bananas, but you can't GO BANANAZ and expect to lose weight just because you aren't eating animal products. Be smart about food.
  • cadaverousbones
    cadaverousbones Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Thank you all again for your help! I see above i have lots of things to read up on.

Does anyone know the best way? I made a meal that i can split into 4 servings but i tried the different food charts here but i need to put like 5 or more ingredients & then divide into 4 servings.

You can use MFP to make recipes, go to the food page on the website and then click "recipes"
    You just have to have 2 ingredients to create a recipe, it lets you put in all the ingredients and then choose the number of servings and name the recipe and all that.

You can even figure the recipe out yourself with good old pen and paper!
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    follow the vegan food pyramid and practice good food combining some things don't really sit in the gut well together also are you eating more "products" than food if so eat more fruits and veggies and stick with a balanced diet. Also work out some and don't do the same thing everyday. :)

baeta_vegetarian_food_pyramid.jpg
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    If you are eating more than your TDEE in vegetarian food, you will not lose weight. That is all. Vegetarian, pescatarian, carnivore, vegan, or skittlestarian it's just a numbers game. Get in it.
  • merecard
    merecard Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Someone said it earlier, it's a numbers game.
    I always think that the body has to get used to things
    When you first start working out, your body isn't used to it and you lose more weight than when you have been doing it for 4 weeks. I feel that it is the same with food, you need to change it up to keep your tummy guessing. Now you have some symptoms that will make it difficult for you to try different things and move on.
    Now this is right down to basics. When you are introducing new foods to an infant/toddler, you do the same thing for a couple of days, wait for reactions and if no reactions occur, then keep with that and add more. But to add a bunch of stuff at once you will never know what is making you feel unwell.