standing still, is it possible to get too much exercise

Options
My weight is very slowly moving down hill. Lately it seems to have plateaued, yet I am exercising for more than an hour a day, adding weights while on the treadmill. I expected results to come faster. I am eating enough, maybe too much>? But the exercise is making me hungry. Anyone suggestions or ideas?

Replies

• jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    Today you ate 1200 cals and burned off 1000 cals in exercise.. so you netted 200 cals for the day = translation your body is in starvation mode and hence while you arent losing weight
  • islandnutshel
    islandnutshel Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    Calories in are between 1200 to 1500, I burn at least 500 on treadmill & wii fit, running almost daily.
  • jrich1
    Options
    Calories in are between 1200 to 1500, I burn at least 500 on treadmill & wii fit, running almost daily.

I looked at your food and exercise.. see above.

you need to eat more, you even say you are hungry, your body is telling you something
  • islandnutshel
    Options
    Today you ate 1200 cals and burned off 1000 cals in exercise.. so you netted 200 cals for the day = translation your body is in starvation mode and hence while you arent losing weight

"Whoops" but it is evening and I feel full. TO late for eating don't you think?
  • jrich1
    Options

"Whoops" but it is evening and I feel full. TO late for eating don't you think?

why is it? If you are hungry eat, but you arent eating enough, and your body isnt going to lose weight when its not getting enough nourishment
  • islandnutshel
    Options
    Your right. I will try to up the early in the day calories. THANKS
  • beesareyellow
    beesareyellow Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    You should really be having a much more substantial breakfast. At least a third of your calories should be taken at the beginning of your day. Try eating more fiber rich foods and adding variety to your diet with more colourful fruits and vegetables.
    If your body goes into starvation mode, not only will you stop losing, but when you eat more, it will try to hold on to all the calories it can.

Bottom line, you need to eat more food and more variety. A little adjustment and you will be well on your way.

Great job on the exercising by the way!
  • islandnutshel
    Options
    Thanks, Breakfast is when I am least hungry but I will make an effort to bulk it up. I think mentaly I am afraid of not having any calories left over to eat in the evening. Much of this journey is correcting the thinking. I think.... :)