Hi! :)

Options
Hello, i'm 25 and i'm probably about 30 lbs. over weight but I am looking to loose 50. I transitioned from waiting tables and bartending 6 days a week to a full time desk job about 2 years ago and the weight has slowly began to creep up on me. I have never been on a site like this so I am hoping some people will add me for support and motivation. I live with my boyfriend and he manages to eat and watch TV all he wants and never gains a pound so he isn't very motivational lol. I am following a low calorie diet and trying to get the the gym 3 nights a week at least but if not, I'll be walking my dogs 2 miles every night. I cook at every meal so we never eat take out but the problem I face with that is trying to keep my food healthy/ light and my boyfriends the way he likes it (salt, butter, starches, breads..) Any tips?

Replies

• Marsidote
    Marsidote Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Im on a 30-40 pound mission too :) This is a great site with a lot of really great tools, and more important, great people! Good luck on your journey! Sent you a friend request !
  • romach79
    romach79 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Maybe consider a new boyfriend :wink:
  • StephElizabeth88
    StephElizabeth88 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Im on a 30-40 pound mission too :) This is a great site with a lot of really great tools, and more important, great people! Good luck on your journey! Sent you a friend request !

Thank you! Good luck to you too!! :)
  • lewcompton
    lewcompton Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I'm Lew... Married, dad of two soon to be three (wife's being induced tomorrow)... 44 today... School teacher down 189.1 pounds in 15 months! Anyone is welcome to add me. I have between 23 and 50 pounds to go...
  • Renegade706
    Options
    Hi Steph, Congrats on making a decision to live healthier. Im around bad foods alot too at work and on weekends, the thing that helps me to is plan and prepare my meals ahead of time. If i just try to make healthy choices on the go or at the last minute, more times than not i end up eating pizza lol But if i have taken the time to plan my meal ahead of time i stick to it alot better. Hope that helps, and feel free to add me :)
  • Lemmynade
    Lemmynade Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I went from Aerobics instructor to desk-jockey too, I understand!!! I live alone with my pups, but understand the difficulty of living with someone who doesn't eat the same way I do. I'll send you a request, and my diary is open! I love to share recipes, so if you see anything that sounds good, just ask!!
  • tessi1993
    tessi1993 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Feel free to add me :)