Anyone doing Atkins?

Options
2»

Replies

• ritalynn
    Options
    I am trying the Atkins diet. I am on my 5th day and I feel better already. I just joined this website and was excited to see that there are folks on this site that are or have been on the Atkins diet. How do Atkinsans track on this site? Is there a setting that needs to be changed? I see that one can exceed the amount of fat and calories rather quickly without exceeding the carb count.
  • pavang82
    pavang82 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I'm just curious I started this diet yesterday. Do you guys still calorie count while on this diet? If you exercise do you eat up the carb also?
  • July24Lioness
    July24Lioness Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    I'm just curious I started this diet yesterday. Do you guys still calorie count while on this diet? If you exercise do you eat up the carb also?

No, I never track calories with low carbing................I just count my carbs.

Right now I am not low carbing though.........I am on the HCG diet at this moment until I get my hormones lined out, then it will be back to low carb.

you can custom set your settings to focus on carbs, fiber and fat.

My ratios are: 60% fat / 30% protein / 10% carbs
  • Resalyn
    Resalyn Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Hi, Pavang and Ritalynn!

After getting responses on this thread, I started a new one - come on over and see us if you haven't posted already! The Name of the group is

Group LLC (Livin Low Carb) - August 2010. Lioness' settings are just about perfect for doing Atkins! I don't really watch my calories, but most of the time I come in between 1500 and 1800 on a daily basis....