Low Calorie Alcoholic Drinks!! Advise!

Options
Need some help, been here for over a month now and been doing really well, Lost just over a stone (14lbs) this place has helped a lot.

However I have my best mates stag do next weekend and I'm a bit worried about what I can drink, beer is a big no no even low calorie beer, sweet whisky also, so no JD and coke for me, which is going to be massive issue. 20 or so of us will be going on a massive pub crawl through my home town and I really can't be seen drinking water, or diet coke all night..

My mates would rip me to shreds.. Any help/advise would be gratefully appreciated.

Mark

Replies

• gibbsgirl
    gibbsgirl Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Well what would you drink if you weren't worrying about calories? I like to drink diet coke and malibu rum or vanilla vodka with diet coke.
  • markhort
    markhort Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Back in my bad days when I didn't care, I would have gone through 8 to 10 pints of beer over the 6 or so hours..
  • markhort
    Options
    Fosters has around 200 per pint.
  • riveraphx
    riveraphx Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I"m gonna second that diet coke with vanilla vodka, that's my favorite.
  • gibbsgirl
    gibbsgirl Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Oh geez. I don't have much advice then if you said beer is totally out of the question. My boyfriend drinks Budweiser Select 55 or MGD 64.
  • markhort
    Options
    I"m gonna second that diet coke with vanilla vodka, that's my favorite.

I have never heard of Vanilla Vodka... Cools Light seems to be the best for larger / beer which is around 140 per bottle, however I don't think a lot of places sell that.
  • kayleigh333
    Options
    malibu and diet coke (bit girly I know, but your friends don't have to know that it's not JD / some other suitably manly drink!) is only 51 calories for a single.

vodka and diet coke is only 54 calories for a single.

as a rule, clear spirits are generally lower cal than dark spirits.
  • rodney73
    rodney73 Posts: 15
    Options
    gin and slim line tonic
  • SaraTN
    SaraTN Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    I like vodka with unsweetend ice tea. Vodka with club soda and a splash of lime is also good.
  • markhort
    Options
    malibu and diet coke (bit girly I know, but your friends don't have to know that it's not JD / some other suitably manly drink!) is only 51 calories for a single.

vodka and diet coke is only 54 calories for a single.

as a rule, clear spirits are generally lower cal than dark spirits.

Excellent, many thanks for your advise. I think I will stick with Vodka, and diet something.. I really don't like Malibu.
  • tjbeer
    tjbeer Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    You could always take on a sophisticated stance with a Dry Martini and Diet Lemonade. This is the lowest calorie drink I know and is served in a tall glass so lasts longer. So be just like James Bond for the night and have it shaken not stirred!!!

Have a good time :drinker:

Tx
  • DeserveVictory
    DeserveVictory Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Gin and tonic with lime

Water, vodka and a splash of lime - tastes better than it sounds and the water reduces the hangover.

Diet soda and a clear spirit (vodka, white rum, gin)

BECK'S PREMIER LIGHT 64 Cals/3.9 G Carbs

BUDWEISER SELECT 99 Cals/3.1 G Carbs

COORS LIGHT 102 Cals/5 G Carbs

CORONA LIGHT 99 Cals/5 G Carbs

HEINEKEN PREMIUM LIGHT 99 Cals/6.8 G Carbs

MILLER CHILL 110 Cals/6.5 G Carbs

MILLER LITE 96 Cals/3.2 G Carbs

SAM ADAMS LIGHT 119 Cals/9.6 G Carbs

1 oz of Vodka is 73 cal 0 carbs
    1 oz Malibu is 48 cal and 5 carbs
    1 oz White Rum is 97 cal and 0 carbs
    1oz Gin is 96 cal and 0 carbs

Hope this helps!
  • kingkimi1213
    kingkimi1213 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I would pick what the ladies above me are saying and have Diet coke and Vanilla Vodka or Malibu and Diet Coke. When I go out I drink those. When Im at a house party, I usually have a crystal light packet with me, I just mix the packet with water and throw a shot of Skyy in it taste good.
    Im a really picky drinker. I tend to only drink water all the time, but if I feel like sippin, thats what I sip on :D
    Have a wonderful night!
  • leanmass24
    leanmass24 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    My favorite is Captain Morgan Tattoo rum with diet coke. 1oz= 69 calories... no fat or carbs. It is a manly drink...lol. I dont think it would be bad in diet dr pepper eiher, but I havent tried that yet.
  • lukat
    lukat Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I second the vote for vodka and water with a slice or two of lime. I used to drink vodka tonics all the time (or greyhounds), but it is really hard to find bars that stock diet tonic. I like that it isn't a sweet drink, and I am more likely to take my time and enjoy it, rather than rushing to the next round.