a weight bench story....

Options
so i got a weight bench off of kijiji, even talked my husband into picking it up.
it's a york 114. altogether a bit awkward, but sturdy enough. it also came with a barbell and about 150lbs of plates, so i am not complaining about spending the $60 on it...

now my darling husband wants to know what to do with it. surely you've got to be able to train your entire body with it, seen as i spent "so much money" on it. (it does have a bunch of attachments for legs and arms and even a support for preacher curls, so i suppose he could use it that way - i just find that stuff clutters it...)

it seems as if he expects the bench in itself to be the training system - whereas i just wanted a weight bench so i wouldn't have to juggle a barbell on a gymnastic ball and worry about it's weight capacity as i do "bench" presses with the ball supporting my back...

so are there any inventive training plans i can send him chasing after? or do i own up to the fact i don't really use it for much other than bench presses, step ups, dumbbell rows and flyes...

it's funny really, when he told me what he is spending on re-building his bike - i thought i should have opted for an olympic weight set :tongue: :laugh:

Replies

• Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    its funny really, when he told me what he is spending on re-building his bike - i thought i should have opted for an olympic weight set :tongue: :laugh:

:laugh:

"The difference between men and boys is the price of their toys."

You should have him go get you a squat cage before letting him drop anymore coin on his bike. :)