Exercise and types of food?

Options
Hi,

Forgive me if I mess this up since I dont have much knowledge on this at all, so I was wondering if anyone can help me? I know some people say theres a certain time frame you shouldnt eat before exercising, and certain things you should AND should not eat before or after a workout? I was wondering if anyone can help me and let me know things like, how many hours after I eat should I exercise? Or, are there certain foods to avoid before exercise? I have heard a bit on carb burning vs fat burning zones but I am not too clear on them or have heard conflicting advice.

Thanks for your all your help everyone!

Replies

• marymooster
    marymooster Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    IN general if I remember correctly a lot of that is for serious body builders....But here are a few tips I remember from educo gym days. Don't eat 1.5 hr before work out esp if you are using a supplement to assist your workout. and don't eat 2 hrs post.... that allows the body to burn fat and what not..... also after exercise when you eat,. a protein meal is best.... hope that helps.. It is just a few things I remember when I was doing a weight muscle building program.
  • schnarfo
    schnarfo Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    i think it depends what kind of exercise you do and what your goals are. if you want to tone up and are using resistance/weight machines you should aim to eat some protein or have a supplement within 30 mins of your work out ending to assist your muscle repair/growth.
  • sonia2003
    sonia2003 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    thanks so much! i will read up more on this on line. i had some really good info from one of my beachbody workout meal planners, and i cant seem to find it but it had some guidelines of when and when not workout after eating and which foods to eat before and after the workout.