Water

Options
Hi everyone,

i know this may sound a silly question, but as we are recomended to drink 8 glasses of water a day, i just woundered what amount was in the glasses as i am struggleing to drink 8 as my glases hold 500ml each, the thing is i have always been bad for drinking, but 4 liters of water a day is alot!

Replies

• thebamboophoenix
    thebamboophoenix Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I asked this a while back and was told that 250ml = a glass, so 4 of your big ones should do the trick.
  • kwjj
    kwjj Posts: 1
    Options
    I tend to refil a 500ml bottle a couple of times a day, glass as I'm not sure plastic is good! anyway that helps me keep track of how much I drink each day. I also find it helps motivate me to drink water .....
  • Kazren
    Kazren Posts: 88
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the help four glases dont seem as impending as 8 of this size, especially for someone like me who finds it hard to drink two large glasses of juice a day.
  • dgweisblatt
    Options
    Drinking water is REALLY important - make sure you drink enough! See my post...http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/99554-ah-ha-h2o

Much success!!
    Deb
  • vicidoesstuff
    vicidoesstuff Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    If you want to work out measurements, Google will usually tell you.

Type in the search box 'ml in cups' or '500ml in cups' etc and it'll tell you.
  • davidh53
    davidh53 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    The instructor at my wife's diabetes health/nutrition class said that having a cup of water before the meal (I usually have my salad first) aids digestion. To me having a glass of water before the meal has the added benefit of making it easier to get in those 8 cups during the course of the day. Figure 1 glass before and 1 after each of the three meals. Then having 2 more some other time along the day is much more manageable. Hope it helps.
  • GrammaPower
    GrammaPower Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    One measuring cup holds 8 ounces OR 238 mls. There ya go! No wonder you thought you were trying to drink SO MUCH water.