When will I start seeing results?

Options
When will I start seeing any results? I've been under my calories and I've been exercising like crazy. It's been a little over a week now..should I give it a month?

Replies

• LipstickOn
    Options
    Lol OFC you should give it a month. Weight loss doesn't happen overnight... Give it at least 2 weeks and you'll be seeing small changes
  • Artaxia
    Artaxia Posts: 185
    Options
    I was told to weigh myself weekly, which is why I'm getting frustrated. :( I was thinking of ignoring the scales for a few months, but I want to be able to meet my goals. Maybe I'll weigh on the goal dates...try and cause less frustration for myself.
  • kelag297
    kelag297 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Yeah weight loss is a long process that is slow and frustrating, but worth every minute. The journey and the destination of reaching your goal will make you such a strong person mentally, physically, and emotionally. If you are losing weight healthily, you shouldn't be losing more than 2 pounds a week anyway. Be consistent, be patient, and you will get the results you want!
  • Artaxia
    Options
    Thank you :D
  • Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Options
    It's fine to weigh yourself weekly, but it's unlikely to see much change in your first week. If you started a new exercise program or intensity, your muscle may be retaining water to help repair/adapt, which can mask any loss. (In fact, it's possible to gain because of this - I have been active for years, but when I started a new heavy lifting program, gained 2-3 pounds for a few weeks. All water weight and it came back off just as quickly, but it's there).

Don't go just by the scales. Measure multiple points: waist, hips, chest, thigh, upper arm, neck. Take before pictures in your undies (you don't have to share them!) to compare. Both of these are better ways to judge progress than simply the number on the scale. Again, it's fine to measure weekly, but don't expect drastic changes right away. It's little by little that adds up to an overall transformation.

:flowerforyou:
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    four to six weeks..if you do not see any changes then you might want to make adjustments...also if you are "exercising like crazy" you may have water retention so take that into account. and drink a lot of water..
  • salsera_barbie
    salsera_barbie Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Really a week and your already asking about results? You didn't gain weight in a week so why would losing weight be any easier.

You need to set realistic goals and stick to it. A week is not enough time to see any difference.

Like someone else said 6-8 weeks is you really see results, although about 4 weeks in you'll start to minor changes.
  • Artaxia
    Options
    I'll weigh myself and measure myself in 8 weeks. :)
  • OsricTheKnight
    OsricTheKnight Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    If you can wait 8 weeks that'll work.

I sure don't have that kind of patience. I weight every day and use a charting tool to see my progress. Daily feedback is the only way I can stay on track, and a charting tool is the only way I've found to get accurate, actionable daily feedback. I use trendweight.com on the web, it's totally free (not even any ads).

Osric

4w.png
  • elyelyse
    elyelyse Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    when i first started, i waited a month to weigh in. after that, i did once every 2 weeks. i think if i did it more i'd get so caught up in the number instead of just doing what i know i had to do.
  • guessrs
    guessrs Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Yes, be patient. This is a life change.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    We don't gain weight overnight and we won't lose weight overnight.

Patience is a virtue.

Stay off the scale for a bit, continue your exercise and good eating habits and make sure you are eating at a calorie deficit and you will soon see results. :smile: