Not eating enough?

Options
13»

Replies

• BradGarner85
    BradGarner85 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Dude...you're a dude...you need to eat way more than 800 net calories...you're just asking for trouble there man.

I lost 40 Lbs easily eating around 2100-2200 gross calories per day and netting around 1850. You need dietary fat...saute your veg in some heart healthy olive oil. Eat an apple and dip it in some nutritionally awesome peanut butter. Eat some avocado...put some full fat olive oil dressings on your salad. Basically, add fat to your diet...it is an essential macro-nutrient...it is essential to proper nutrition...and fat doesn't make you fat.

If you look at studies of low fat/no fat diets, you will overwhelmingly find higher levels of heart disease and other medical issues. This is because when people cut "bad" fat, they also cut the "good" fat...those monunsaturated and polyunsaturated fats raise your HDL levels and protect you from heart disease and other junk.

Saturated fats aren't necessarily "bad" either though I do keep mine generally below 25 g...but I don't go out of my way to avoid it. It helps regulate testosterone and is actually pretty important if you're working out, and particularly lifting.

Edit: also, congrats on getting your glucose numbers down...I brought mine to normal through diet and exercise. I wasn't full blown diabetic yet, but pre-diabetic when I started...now everything is completely normal.

Thanks I will for sure do that.