Back fat: How do you get rid of it?

I have a vintage swimming costume from the 60s that i am dying to wear on my holiday in 3 weeks. I need to lose just over and inch around my back/bust in order to fit in and comfortably.
Is there any way that can help out with that area, be it certain exercises or certain foods that help weight loss?
:)

Replies

• Escape_Artist
    Escape_Artist Posts: 1,155 Member
    You can't spot reduce. As you lose weight/fat the inches will come off over all.
    Specific food or exercise won't do anything to a specific area.

Eat at a deficit and regular exercise will burn the inches down overall
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    I intensely disliked my back fat, which unfortunately I did not lose until I was within 10 pounds of my goal weight.
    Just having no back fat keeps me within 5 pounds of my goal weight.
    I WON'T go back to back fat!
  • JcMey3r
    JcMey3r Posts: 431 Member
    TDEE -20% with exercise and your golden to lose weight everywhere as mentioned you can't reduce fat just on a certain area.
  • alyhuggan
    alyhuggan Posts: 717 Member
    You've started way too late to do anything about it in 3 weeks. Best you can do is lower it a little, but an inch is very unlikely to happen.
  • kelleybean1
    kelleybean1 Posts: 312 Member
    Lose weight. You can't spot reduce.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,908 Member
    Lipo if you need it gone in 3 weeks. Of course it may take more than 3 weeks to recover from the lipo.

As mentioned, spot reduction with food or exercise isn't attainable. Maybe try again in summer or on your next vacation.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition