Intervals

Options
I have been doing intervals for about 2 weeks now and finally I am actually starting to like it. I find doing them is the only thing that is getting rid of the leg fat and that is where it all loves to go lol. I walk for 2 min and run for 1 (7mph). Eventually my goal is to be able to run for 30 minutes straight, but I am giving that 6mths. My question is, is it okay to do the intervals 6-7 times a week? I do like them and finally the fat is coming off. I am also doing a total body routine on the Bowflex Classic 3 times a week and go for walks a few times. I have 20 pounds to lose. Opinions please.

Replies

• RobP1192
    RobP1192 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I do intervals on the treadmill sometimes. A little more extreme, but when i'm getting ready for mudruns or when i'm actively playing in a soccer/football league, i do intervals everyday. So i doubt you'd have any issues doing what you're doing. Maybe an expert can chime in, but i say keep doing them 6-7 times a week.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    It's a great way to get going. Something like C2K will start you with intervals and get you to 30 minutes of running in a lot less than six months.
  • Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    Options
    It depends on the intervals. If you are just using them as a way to increase endurance, then you can do them more frequently.

If you are doing the work intervals at a very high intensity, then doing them all the time will eventually decrease their effectiveness.