What to eat?

Options
Hi, this is my first post. I've had the app for a a few years and finally decided to join the forums. My issue is I thought I understood nutrition/excersize, but clearly I don't. I've worked out consistently for the past 15 years, but my results always seem to be that I'm just maintaining my weight.

I'm looking to loose and tone.. I'm in a unique im situation all my meals are planned out (not a jail ????).
For instance today this is the menu:

Wednesday, October 9
Breakfast
Scrambled Eggs/Salsa
Steel Cut Oatmeal
English Muffins
Smart Balance Margarine
Grape Jelly
Kiwi Fruit
Milk/Coffee

Lunch
Meat Loaf/Ketchup
Mashed Potatoes
Brown Gravy
Grilled Green Beans w/Onions
Spinach Salad w/Dried Cranberries
Thousand Island Dressing
Mango Pineapple Sorbet

Supper
Black-Eyed Peas
Brown Rice
Spinach Salad
Salad Dressing

What's ok to eat and what isn't? I'm an electrician and I lift weights for about 30 min 3x a week focusing on specific muscle groups and cardio by way of a 45 min soccer game 2 times a week. I'm guess my diet is the reason I'm not able to loose weight around my stomach area.

Thx! All suggestions are appreciate.

Replies

• Escape_Artist
    Escape_Artist Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    Weight loss is all about calories in vs calories out. As long as you stay at a deficit your weight (or rather inches) will drop.

I'm sorry I didn't read all the specific of your diet, since in the end it's the calories/macros that count.
    Eat the things you like and stay within your numbers.

As for ''toning'' there is no such thing as toning, it's muscles. Which are achieved by lifting heavy. If you are eating at a deficit you won't be building muscles but you will at least be maintaining them as you lose fat (which will eventually give you that ''toned'' look you seek)