Advice on supplements

Options
So having read some of the posts already on here, I am aware there is a mixed review/opinion on supplements and whether they benefit or not. So for those of you who do take supplements or would be willing to take them, which are the best ones for speeding up metabolism and boosting energy levels. I have read about so many preworkout supps but don't want to end up wasting money on the wrong ones. I have asked a few of my friends who know much more about this but wanted to know what you guys think.

Thanks

Replies

• Escape_Artist
    Escape_Artist Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    No supplements will boost your metabolism. If it states it does you are getting ripped off.
    Supplements ARE a waste of money unless you can't get the necessary nutrients from your diet.

Boost your energy by eating enough and speeping enough. Coffee might help

:wink:
  • Funkypanda89
    Options
    I don't like coffee lol. I know i lack b12 but wanted something to give me more energy so i can endure more during gym time. I've been clean eating but find i feel tired and don't even want to work out. Any suggestions?
  • Escape_Artist
    Escape_Artist Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    Would help if you would open yout diary. Sometimes lack of energy is related to food, of lack of it rather.

Are you sleeping enough?
  • Funkypanda89
    Options
    Open my diary? Oh right, I haven't been online for a while so haven't updated it. I am definitely sleeping enough. Food wise i am eating small meals more often but sometimes feel i don't have the appetite
  • foolsforsarah
    Options
    I take one called Epiphany D1 (by Dynamic Life Nutrition)
    its actually a cognitive enhancement but it really gives you a boost of energy for your workout. Its nice because you don't have to drink any nasty powder mixes you just pop the pill. Its mainly to assist in memory, focus and concentration but its perfect for workout because it gives a boost and helps you focus on your exercise.

I found out about it after seeing a youtube clip on some Olympic Runners, a girl in Canada, and a man in Jamaica who supports it and claims it has taken time off their run. I have noticed great improvements in the gym as well.

I also use it when I am not working out, just to focus concentration at work.
  • foolsforsarah
    Options
    If you try it, let me know how it works for you, it'd be cool to know if I am feeling the "placebo type effect"
    but I have noticed alot of changes so I feel like I couldnt be
  • VastBreak
    VastBreak Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I have supplemented with vit D and b12 because I was low in both. The b12 gives me energy, I can feel a difference!
  • INCFL3X
    Options
    There is no Sup that will Boost Metabolism but If you are working out and need energy before, I would suggest Mr.Hyde by ProSups. I take it during my cutting/shredding weeks before competition, because it gives me crazy amounts of energy and has a thermogenic and Creatine Monocloryde, which make you sweat and drop that added water weight. If you are not used to a lot of caffeine, there is a less version Mr. Jykle, that does that same thing except with less caffeine.
    If you are not working out or training... I would suggest eating a small desert or something sweet after breakfast, I know it sounds funny and "breaks Diet rules" but essentially what it does, is the sugar or sweetness "jump starts" your metabolism... not to mention it helps you keep you sanity. :)
    Hope this helps