Need some new running songs! `

Options

Replies

• happylife2014
    happylife2014 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Check out Jog fm and put in your estimated speed. It will suggest songs for your pace. I personally put all sorts of speeds in there and mix it up a bit.

I find motivation in songs like: Eminem, P!nk, Black Eyed Peas, Beyonce, Kady Perry, Eye of the Tiger by Survivor just to name a few artists/Songs. I think my playlist is something like 100 songs.

didn't know about this, I will for sure check it out! Thanks much! :)
  • asp415
    asp415 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    These are my current favorite.

Firestarter & Smack my B---- Up by The Prodigy.

Satisfaction by Isaac & the Biz

Rockafella Skank by Fatboy Slim.

Shots by LMFAO & Lil Jon
  • ayankeefan51
    ayankeefan51 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Here's my current playlist. Some songs I listen to more than others but I have some good songs if you're into pop and rock music.

J-Lo - Dance again & On the Floor
    Cataracts- Dancing in the dark
    Rihanna - SOS & Disturbia & sometimes Only girl in the world
    Enrique Iglesias- Tonight I'm loving you
    Alexander...-Mr. Saxobeat
    Usher- Scream
    Pitbull- Dont stop the party & Give me everything
    David Ghetta- Turn me on
    Drowning Pool- Let the bodies hit the floor
    Britney Spears- Womanizer
    Papa Roach- To be loved
    Here it goes again
    Linkin Park- Papercut
    Seether- Remedy
    The Used- Pretty Handsome Awkward
    Aranda-Whyyouwannabringmedown
    Flo-rida - I cry
    Lupe Fiasco- The show goes on
    Lenny Kravitz- Where are we running
    Macklemore- Can't hold us

I was bored at work so I figured I would list mine for everyone. Can't remember who the group is for Here it goes again. Anyway, I like running. I'm currently on C25k app week 5 and the music is helping me get through each time. Enjoy!
  • shining_light
    shining_light Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    My songs know what you do in the dark- Fall out boys

That's one of the ones on my playlist. My favorites are Scream by Thousand Foot Krutch and Smack Down by Thousand Foot Krutch (my favorite band since junior high; what can I say?) Any songs that I find really push me are great. Bleed it Out by Linkin Park, and Move Along by The All American Rejects come to mind. Songs that I can pace a good all-out sprint to are awesome.
  • ayankeefan51
    ayankeefan51 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Arctic Monkeys AM.

Love Artic Monkeys!
  • jammet80
    jammet80 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I love this thread
  • Howdoyoufeeltoday
    Howdoyoufeeltoday Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Skylar Grey- "Wear Me out"
    Cassadee Pope- "Good Times"
    Adelitas Way- "scream"
    Chester See "whistle while I work it"
    Shinedown- "sound of madness'
    Avenged Sevenfold- "Almost Easy"
  • bridgew24
    bridgew24 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Kanye West. Always.

Architecture in Helsinki have kind of dancy / happy tunes and they're pretty good to run to also!
  • alikonda
    alikonda Posts: 2,358 Member
    Options
    Bon Jovi (most of his top hits are fast-paced and upbeat!)
    Every Day I Love You Less and Less by Kaiser Chiefs
    Harder, Faster, Stronger by Daft Punk (Oh heck, a LOT of songs by Daft Punk!)
    Good Feeling by Flo Rida
    I Got a Feeling by Black Eyed Peas
    Bulletproof by La Roux

For days when you're cruisin' (long, slow days):
    Under Pressure by Queen/David Bowie
    Send Me on My Way by Rusted Root
    Heads will Roll by Yeah Yeah Yeahs
  • lupinibean
    Options
    My songs know what you do in the dark- Fall out boys

This, and anything by the Ramones
  • learnerdriver
    learnerdriver Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    An oldie- but guaranteed to get me up a hill- WolfMother- Joker + the Thief
  • dreamer12151
    dreamer12151 Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    Right mow I only have 2 "sound tracks" on my phone, one more rock based, the other a little more "techno" flavored. I plan on making up another on one Friday that has a complete mix from rock to pop to country, but for now, these ones tend to get me moving!

"Supermoves" - Overseer
    "Doll-Dagga Buzz-Buzz Ziggety Zagg" - Marilyn Manson
    "Doomsday" - Overseer
    "50,000 Unstoppable Watts" - Clutch
    "Burn it Down" - Awolnation
    "Gravel Road" - Clutch
    "Violent" - Concrete Blonde
    "Sorry" - Electric Mary
    "Run to the Hills" - Iron Maiden

And......I have heard the stories how the song "Take a Chance on Me" by ABBA was written so I kinda wanted to try it to see if it would work, but I haven't yet! lol (the story is - and I heard it from the member's themselves - that Bjorn is an avid runner, but he doesn't run with music, he "chants" to himself to keep time. One of the cadences he used morphed into "Take a Chance on Me"!)
  • charlotteX92X
    charlotteX92X Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I almost always run to Sum 41
  • IhScoutII
    IhScoutII Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Seether radio on pandora & Theory of a deadman
  • TigerBite
    TigerBite Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    It's good to have a mix of upbeat AND slower songs in your playlist ... that way you can pace yourself ... I always end with an upbeat song, just for the extra push ... That being said, I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Big Band and Swing ... Benny Goodman 'Sing, Sing, Sing' and Glen Miller 'In The Mood' are two of my favorites ... Frank Sinatra is also a favorite ... 'My Way', 'New York, New York', 'That's Life', etc ...

ETA: Oh, and around Christmas time, I love to run to Trans-Siberian Orchestra ... Weirdo, I know .. :P

And My Chemical Romance has some good stuff ... 'I'm Not Okay' is a favorite ...
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone, I've never been a runner but I just started C25K, I have usually just walked or biked. I NEED some new songs to keep me moving as I continue with my new running journey.. please help! Doesn't matter what kind of music, I listen to everything!

Thanks much! :)
    OP, I think I'm a bit older than you, and I just might become the laughing of this thread, :laugh: :laugh: :bigsmile: but this morning I listened to some fast paced bluegrass music on Pandora radio when I ran at the gym. It was pretty darned awesome!
  • TigerBite
    TigerBite Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone, I've never been a runner but I just started C25K, I have usually just walked or biked. I NEED some new songs to keep me moving as I continue with my new running journey.. please help! Doesn't matter what kind of music, I listen to everything!

OP, I think I'm a bit older than you, and I just might become the laughing of this thread, :laugh: :laugh: :bigsmile: but this morning I listened to some fast paced bluegrass music on Pandora radio when I ran at the gym. It was pretty darned awesome!

Ha, ha ... I've listened to show tunes ... 'The Producers' soundtrack is a favorite, it's hilarious and upbeat ...
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options

Ha, ha ... I've listened to show tunes ... 'The Producers' soundtrack is a favorite, it's hilarious and upbeat ...
    Awesome! I LOVE showtunes!
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • ironmonkeystyle
    ironmonkeystyle Posts: 834 Member
    Options