I really need help!

Options
Well, my name is Danielle and i'm new here.

The reason i'm on this website is because i'm really having a hard time losing and gaining weight for the past couple of years.

My problem would probably be that I have an addiction to wonderful food. :) I do exercise literally all of the time, and when I diet I don't see results and I just end of feeling crappy about myself.

I lost about ten pounds a year ago and then it just stopped. Anyone have any ideas as to how to jump start my weight loss again?

Replies

• 1Steph1
    1Steph1 Posts: 145
    Options
    Fat loss is like 80% diet and 20% exercise. You need to really clean up your diet to see results. Check out this article its verrrryy useful! :)
  • missjo113
    Options
    Fat loss is like 80% diet and 20% exercise. You need to really clean up your diet to see results. Check out this article its verrrryy useful! :)
    Hey sld21
    either the link to the article didn't come through or you forgot to add it....
  • Kathria_Alexandria
    Options
    Change your diet. Drink lots of green tea and lemon tea, because that helps, too. Also, try not to excersise too much, because there's a point where your body will become "immune" to the effects of working out, and it will become much more harder to lost weight when that happens.
  • blakejohn
    blakejohn Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    I workout like a mad man lifting 5 days a week and cardio everyday. There are 3 factors to a health body 1) Diet 2) Exercise
    3) Recovery you have to find the right balance
  • zsozsi
    zsozsi Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Don't be impatient at the beginning of your diet. I spent 2 weeks without any result, but went to the gym and kept my calories strictly. After two and half week my weigt and outfit was getting better...so just keep on!
  • unocentavo
    unocentavo Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Hey Danielle, I'm new to this sight also, but like you, I also have a food addiction. I can look at food and gain weight.
    The first thing you must tell yourself is, loving food is ok, thats how we're wired. Theres comfort and pleasure in the foods we love. When choosing to diet, don't beat your self down and go into saying "I'm going to punish myself, deny my favorite foods and lose weight, even if it kills me." Its fine to enjoy the wonderful foods you love, just decide that you will enjoy in moderation. Have 1 cheat day per week instead of 7, lol.
    The food calculator on this sight has really been a Godsend to me. I started slipping on my diet and didn't realize it, until I started putting in what I ate everyday. That was a good "reality-slap" for me. My workout had grown stale, so I detemined to increase the intensity a little more by adding supersets and high intensity interval training(HIIT). The thing to realize, going into this fitness thing, is that it's a life time choice and you have to go in stages, not jump in head first. Take baby steps, don't be a personal drill sergeant to yourself or it won't work for long. Get past stage one, reavaluate, then go to stage two, where you'll challenge yourself a little more.

Check out some of my articles on my blog if you'd like: http://realfitness4realpeople.blogspot.com/
    There's a lot of trial and error subjects I went through personally. Maybe you can find something to inspire you in some way. Don't tell yourself you will fail before you even start. Best of luck to you!
  • metizzy2
    metizzy2 Posts: 122
    Options
    I love food too, but what I like about this site is that by logging your food helps make you accountable. When I see that I've consumed too many calories at a certain point, I will modify my meals so that I do not go over my calorie limit. Also, a great way to jump start your body is to change up your exercise routine. I have been a member of a gym for about 14 years but have been doing the same thing day in and day out. I hired a personal trainer (for only three sessions), and she showed me different exercises to help me lose weight. I was told that I am OVER training and my body was used to doing the same thing. Once I changed things up a bit, I started seeing results. I haven't lost a lot of weight but I HAVE noticably lost inches and gained muscles in all the right places. :o)

Good luck!
  • JPLSU
    JPLSU Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Losing weight, while not easy, is simple math: take in less calories than you are burning, and the pounds come off. Don't get caught up in all the other jargon and "smoke" out there. Find out how many calories you are burning each day, and make sure you are consuming less than that.

Good luck!
  • ashmholland
    Options
    I have had the same problem! I have been stuck at the same weight for about 4 months now and it really makes me struggle with staying motivated!!
  • desireebutts
    Options
    :smile: Hi Danielle.
    This is a really awesome website! Welcome!
    I hear you girlfriend. I LOVE good food!! Work on journaling all your food on here, make sure to be honest about portions. After using this I was shocked at how much I really did eat. Also, if you work out all the time and have the same routine. Change it up! Your body gets used to the same activity.. it needs variety! Try something new. I have found a love for ZUMBA!!! - it's a blast and works a lot of calories off, also Circuit classes are amazing! Good luck to you!
  • 1Steph1
    1Steph1 Posts: 145
    Options
    Bahaha! Yes I can be a little scatter brained from time to time. Heres the link! :)http://alwyncosgrove.com/2010/01/hierarchy-of-fat-loss/