Junk Food Madness

Options
Okay so lately I've been eating extremely poorly and I always feel awful after. For some reason my mind just thinks, "Oh hey I'm going to eat that, it tastes really good" But right after I feel gross, disgusting, and I can't even look at myself in the mirror. At times I even want to make myself barf, but for some reason I can't. I know they say, "Oh feel how it's making your body feel, and you won't want to do it again" But then I think, "Why am I doing this to my body, I know how it feels and I know how much I hate it but some reason I still keep going" Background: I started really dedicated to lose weight in Dec. I haven't lost pounds that much but I have lost inches. It's already going to be a year and I'm not even remotely close to wear I want to be, probably the bad food choices, anyways. I have been doing Insanity. (Have done it 4 times and just got bored so these past days I haven't done it, and I am going to get Focus T25) I do weight over 200 pounds. I've been wanting to hit below 200 since Dec as my goal, so if I manage somehow to do it before the end of the year it would be amazing} Anyways, how do you guys deal with the pressure of eating junk food, and how did you guys stop it when your mind plays tricks on you. I've always kind of lacked will power so I really need to build that up, how, I don't know.

Replies

• socioseguro
    socioseguro Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Hi

My experience is: Nutrition is 80% of being healthy, 10% is exercise and 10% is genetics.

Maybe this link could be of help

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/912920-in-place-of-a-road-map-3-2013

You really have to understand yourself and why you do the things you do.
    MFP help me with the food and exercise log.

I have decided to invest my time and energy to be healthy. You have to love yourself enough to do it for you.
    Good luck in your journey
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    Okay so lately I've been eating extremely poorly and I always feel awful after. For some reason my mind just thinks, "Oh hey I'm going to eat that, it tastes really good" But right after I feel gross, disgusting, and I can't even look at myself in the mirror. At times I even want to make myself barf, but for some reason I can't. I know they say, "Oh feel how it's making your body feel, and you won't want to do it again" But then I think, "Why am I doing this to my body, I know how it feels and I know how much I hate it but some reason I still keep going" Background: I started really dedicated to lose weight in Dec. I haven't lost pounds that much but I have lost inches. It's already going to be a year and I'm not even remotely close to wear I want to be, probably the bad food choices, anyways. I have been doing Insanity. (Have done it 4 times and just got bored so these past days I haven't done it, and I am going to get Focus T25) I do weight over 200 pounds. I've been wanting to hit below 200 since Dec as my goal, so if I manage somehow to do it before the end of the year it would be amazing} Anyways, how do you guys deal with the pressure of eating junk food, and how did you guys stop it when your mind plays tricks on you. I've always kind of lacked will power so I really need to build that up, how, I don't know.

Cut all the added sugar out of your diet for 2-3 weeks and the craving will go away. That includes white breads, pasta, potatoes and rice. You will likely have headache and feel lethargic for a few days, but that will pass too. Then eat healthy and don't hit up the candy jar at work and you'll start to lose weight (provided you eat at deficit) . I just did it. I don't crave sugar that often, but i start and before i know it i'm eating way too much. I cut it out and lost 7 pound the last 2 weeks. Oh and you can eat all that stuff again once you break the craving. Suggestion would be to switch to brown rice and whole wheat if you don't already eat those things.

If what you are doing isn't working.. try something else. Something will stick eventually. Everyone is different.