I would like an honest opinion on my body and goals?

Options
2»

Replies

• geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    Okay, to answer why I'm so conscious of my arms... I was a competitive optional gymnast until I broke my back when I was 18. So I was very lean but muscular in high school because you need the muscle. The abs and legs were great but I was stronger than all my high school boyfriends. I felt like they were big, now there's a layer of fat on that. It just emphasizes something I was already uncomfortable with.

You're not in high school anymore. If you arms are bigger and/or you are stronger than any man, the problem is really his, not yours. He has a HUGE natural advantage to be strong and big. If he's not using it, not your fault.
    I'm with BusyLady406. I didn't start eating adequately and lifting until my junior year. Prior to that, I was a very weak, skinny kid.

You should embrace your physique and strength which enabled you to do some rather impressive things as an athlete. During my frail years, I was always getting hurt which affected my ability to participate in school sports - thus I was envious of athletes such as yourself.

Think of it this way: that increased lean mass and strength will help you lead a highly functional, independent life as you age. I know too many ex-gymnasts who developed similar insecurities which led to EDs and outcomes that greatly and negatively affected their quality of life.