• Sarahndipity30
    Sarahndipity30 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Right there with you.
    HW:328
    SW:306
    CW:302
    GW:180

I will be 30 next year, and my FDH and I have been talking about a abby in the next 2 years. (hes 30) We don't want to be raising a kiddo in our late to early 40's..so our window is getting smaller..having a baby isnt the only reason i want to lose, but its one of the top 3 for sure. I've bene pregnant once before, and lost the baby, I was told my weight probably had a lot to do with it. my DFH already has fertility issues thanks to Chemotherapy, so me losing weight is only going to help our situation.

Feel free to add me. wishing you all the luck and happiness in the world!
  • PennyM140
    PennyM140 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I'm currently trying to lose weight AND get pregnant. I'm 31 and I've been trying all year to get pregnant. No luck so far. It took me almost 3 years to have baby number one.
    There are so many things I need to be focusing on in my life right now. Struggling to decide if I want to or can go back to school to start a career to be better able to support my family. But I feel like if I go back to school now I should hold off on another baby.
    My gut feeling is that the baby is the most important thing and the job can wait. Especially since it seems to be difficult to get pregnant again.
    As far as weight loss is concerned, I plan on losing as much as I can until I FINALLY find out i'm pregnant and then I'll walk and eat healthy through the pregnancy so my body won't become fat and lazy again.
  • angelic843
    angelic843 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Also 33.
    Height: 5'6"
    SW: 381
    CW: 371
    GW: 299 for now

I have not tried to conceive yet, but I know that I want to be healthier when I do...I deal with so many aches and pains that I cannot even imagine having a two year old to chase after.

I too am on "borrowed time" when it comes to having a baby.

I will definitely friend you! Let's help keep each other on track.

Also, I found a cool group called "Get Fit Chicks"...they are really helping with my accountability. We have a monthly challenge.
  • PippiNe
    PippiNe Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    .............so we're running out of time.

I wish all you ladies the best with your weight loss endeavors, but you all have plenty of "time" :o) There is no magic door that will slam on you when you turn 35 to say no more baby for you. Don't put added pressure on yourself to get pregnant before such and such date. I know what the statistics say about down syndrome chances, etc. increasing, but you can get pregnant and have a perfectly healthy baby long after age 35. I know many women who have and I am one of them. Had last baby at age 38. Focus on your weight loss now and put the rest of your worries in God's hands :o) Best wishes to you all!