Shin splints?

Options
2»

Replies

• SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    I'm an avid runner and have been running on and off for twenty years, and seriously running for the last ten, and my suggestion is to make sure you have the right running shoe. You can generally go to specialty running stores to have your stride measured on the the treadmill, and they also measure your feet.

Also, be sure to stretch really well before and after you run.
  • youngcaseyr
    youngcaseyr Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Make sure you are running heel to toe

:huh: Not if she doesn't want to give herself knee/hip problems. never ever heel strike.

Really I guess I have gotten some bad advise maybe this is why my hip and knee where kind messed up running. What do you suggest? This was advice from my doctor.

Never mind I just saw your earlier post I will take your advice. Sorry mines was bad it was not meant to be.

You want to run on the ball of your foot and your toes. Heel striking is easily the root of the majority of running injuries. Look up proper running form/ foot strike. Most of the pages and articles you'll find will be talking about barefoot or minimalist running but it's all applicable for running in heavier shoes