3:00 hunger pains

Options
cursiny
cursiny Posts: 907 Member
Ok so it is almost 3pm and I feel like I am starving, I know I am not, But trying hard not to raid the candy machine at work. UGGH

Replies

• prettigirl01
    prettigirl01 Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    the main thing people say is sometimes our bodies confuse hunger with thirst. do you know how sick I am of hearing this? especially when I know that I am actually hungry lol anyway try drinking some water and if you still have those pains then find a healthy snack. it might not be in the vending machine though
  • brraanndi
    brraanndi Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Bring a snack, a banana and peanut butter is what I eat around then.
  • cursiny
    Options
    Have you eaten enough today?
    Do you eat enough every day?
    Do you bring snacks to work?

900 Calories already so YEAH, enough.....
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Try eating a slightly smaller breakfast or lunch and having a 100-200 calorie snack at 3:00.
  • cursiny
    Options
    Try eating a slightly smaller breakfast or lunch and having a 100-200 calorie snack at 3:00.

Lunch could have been smaller, but then I would be even more hungry..... :(
  • SweetestLibby
    SweetestLibby Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    this is why I have an afternoon snack! I plan a snack so I'll stay away from the candy/cupcakes/or whatever else is floating around my office!
  • shaybanane
    Options
    Have an apple! They're known to help boost your energy when you hit the 3pm wall and they're also sweet.
  • FrankiesSaysRelax
    FrankiesSaysRelax Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Bring a snack, a banana and peanut butter is what I eat around then.

Same! Keeps me full through work and gives me enough energy to work out right when I get home
  • conniemaxwell5
    conniemaxwell5 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    Try increasing your protein at lunch to stay full longer. Include protein in your snacks too. I plan for a 3:00 snack every day - usually an apple with PB2.
  • Ang108
    Ang108 Posts: 1,711 Member
    Options
    Ok so it is almost 3pm and I feel like I am starving, I know I am not, But trying hard not to raid the candy machine at work. UGGH

I would make sure that I drank enough, plus add a bit more of protein to my lunch. In my case that usually gets me to the next meal without any cravings or hunger pangs.
  • shepd1999
    shepd1999 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    When I started to count my calories this is when I felt I needed something to eat. Just about everyday at 3:00 I have a cup of cottage, pickle or Greek Yogurt and 5 Whole Grain Crackers. This does a great job of holding me over til dinner.
  • Julzanne72
    Julzanne72 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Might be helpful if we knew what the 900 calories that you have already consumed are. That being said, I would make sure you have been drinking plenty of water through out the day. I always have a snack in the afternoon and a snack before bed time. Usually a banana and some Peanut Butter or something similar.
    Protien will keep you full longer.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    What's your fat and protein intake like? Also, 900 calorie thus far may in fact not be enough. Your dietary approach may be too aggressive. Also, if you exercise you get more calories as MFP is a NEAT method calculator...I'm assuming you're doing a 1200 calorie approach which is the most aggressive approach you can do with MFP...
  • Shell_7609
    Shell_7609 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I have a greek yogurt waiting for me to take my 3:30 break
  • Charlottecornish
    Charlottecornish Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Slow release carbohydrates are a good way to go, porridge for breakfast, pasta salad for lunch with maybe tuna, you won't be hungry at three!!!!
  • aliceb39
    aliceb39 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I plan a 15-carb snack at 2:30 every work day. The time between lunch & dinner is usually the longest you go without food during the day, so it's not surprising to be hungry then.
  • tmpecus78
    tmpecus78 Posts: 1,206 Member
    Options
    if you are hungry eat. /End of thread
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    its snack time. thats why.
  • lysslax
    lysslax Posts: 64
    Options
    Around 3 everyday I will have around 15 almonds and a small apple or banana. If not one of these, I keep yoplait frozen greek yogurt pops in the freezer in the break room...those are SO good and super satisfying. When I want something salty I will have some all natural beef or turkey jerky. If I don't have a snack and wait until dinner I pretty much always will eat more than I intended.

Satisfy your hunger pangs at 3 so you don't ruin the rest of your day! 100 or so calories now is better than adding to your dinner and regretting it later.