confused

Options
JBcat123
JBcat123 Posts: 211 Member
edited November 2023 in Getting Started
hi my name is Nellie. i recently started this program jenny craig and havn't lost any weight. at first i lost 4 pounds but then i put them back on. i am still doing jenny craig. jenny craig in total is 1,110 calories. i made sure on here. ive been eating that much maybe 100 top 200 calories more this month and still cant loose any weight. i think jenny craig is a good diet but i feel hungry all the time. i think i screwed up my metabolism. do you think i did? is there something i should do like a cleanse to make my metabolism back to normal? because im afraid it will be hard for me to from 1,110 calories to 1700 calories. what should i do? thankyou.

Replies

• diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    If your ticker is accurate, it looks like you have about 100 pounds to lose? If so, then you probably haven't damaged your metabolism at 1100 calories.

Are you accurately logging your food? Weighing and measuring everything, including condiments, cooking oils, vegetables, etc?
    Are you exercising? Did you recently start or increase a routine that would cause your body to be retaining some water?
    How quickly did you lose the first four pounds and how quickly did you gain them back?
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Doesn't your Jenny Craig membership include communication with a designated consultant? I would think they'd be the best person to talk to about this. They can make sure you're following the program as prescibed and maybe give you some tips on how you could improve things.
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    I don't think it can be that great if you're hungry all the time.

You can't mess up your metabolism in such a short time, so don't worry about that.
  • lainie644
    lainie644 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    One problem is, you set your caloric intake to low. It is not allowing your body to reach a good metabolic rate.

Most diets should start out at 2,000 calories. When you set your Food Diary up on this website, it will calculate the amounts of Fat, Carbs, Protein, and Cholesterol you are allowed to consume. on the diet.

I started out at 1200 calories, for the 1st week as a jump start program. I will switch to the 2,000 plan and stay on it for the remainder of my program.

Remember also that when you log your exercise, calories burned, it will get added back into your plan on your food diary. I do not log my exercise, calories burned on here, because the whole purpose of dieting is to lose weight and I think it is foolish to add them back into your plan because of my temptation to overeat.

I have not lost any weight in 7 days, but I have learned valuable things about what I can and cannot eat. I hope this helps.
  • JBcat123
    JBcat123 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    If your ticker is accurate, it looks like you have about 100 pounds to lose? If so, then you probably haven't damaged your metabolism at 1100 calories.

Are you accurately logging your food? Weighing and measuring everything, including condiments, cooking oils, vegetables, etc?
    Are you exercising? Did you recently start or increase a routine that would cause your body to be retaining some water?
    How quickly did you lose the first four pounds and how quickly did you gain them back?

yes i started logging in my food today. my current workout is walking outside 30-60 minutes a day. i lost my 4 pounds in 2 weeks and gained it in about 2.5 weeks back.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Remember also that when you log your exercise, calories burned, it will get added back into your plan on your food diary. I do not log my exercise, calories burned on here, because the whole purpose of dieting is to lose weight and I think it is foolish to add them back into your plan because of my temptation to overeat.

The "point" of eating exercise calories back is this............MFP gave you a calorie deficit with ZERO exercise. That way people who can't/won't exercise still lose weight.

When you exercise you are increasing the calorie deficit further. When the calorie deficit is too large ....you are more likely to lose muscle+fat .......not just fat.

Fast weight loss =/= healthy weight loss. If you have many, many pounds to lose....muscle will be protected (for awhile) .... the closer you get to goal the more important it is to eat calories back.

Also, some people are already at the bare minimum (weekly goal is too agressive) ....exercise without extra nourishment is just like working out for the purpose of losing muscle.
This discussion has been closed.