Myfitnesspal says I have to eat 16,000

Options
I just started using myfitnesspal, as a mean to help me loose the last 6 pounds. And I feel like the number it says is way to enourmous. Like how could I eat 10,000 calories a day, while eating normaly? that would mean eating like 8 times what I do eat normally. And then, when i finished loging my food and exercise, it told me that if I continued like that I would weight 400 and more kg! I'm so confused... Can someone explain all of this to me?

Replies

• micheleb15
    micheleb15 Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    Last 6 pounds? Exactly what stats did you enter?
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    :huh:
  • sk_pirate
    sk_pirate Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    No. This isn't right/ What did you do to get such an obscene number?
  • richardheath
    richardheath Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    Pick one:

1. You did something wrong, and entered a crazy number somewhere. Start again, and be more careful.

2. No, you really do need to eat 10,000 calories per day.

Which one seems most likely?
  • septembergrrl
    septembergrrl Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Any chance you're mentally adding a 0 to the recommendation? 1,600 would be reasonable.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    :huh:
  • AmberleyAngel
    AmberleyAngel Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Are your calculations set to kilojoules and not calories. That would make a huge difference. ;)
  • fitmusiclifeviola
    Options
    Re do your goals, and check back.
  • joselo2
    joselo2 Posts: 461
    Options
    that you say 'last 6lbs' suggest u lost some already so just keep on what ever you were doing, it sounds like this is just confusing you a bit.
  • awtume9
    awtume9 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I can't even...
  • sugarkissprincess
    sugarkissprincess Posts: 2,595 Member
    Options
    That isn't right... even when I started and needed to loose 100 pounds, mine said 1700.. I would check your stats
  • VelvetMorning
    VelvetMorning Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Remember the movie Thinner by Stephen King?
  • kgreenRDLDN
    kgreenRDLDN Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I just started using myfitnesspal, as a mean to help me loose the last 6 pounds. And I feel like the number it says is way to enourmous. Like how could I eat 10,000 calories a day, while eating normaly? that would mean eating like 8 times what I do eat normally. And then, when i finished loging my food and exercise, it told me that if I continued like that I would weight 400 and more kg! I'm so confused... Can someone explain all of this to me?

You put a number in wrong when you filled out your information. Go back and recheck it all. Right now your tracker shows you have lost over 1000 pounds! Are you entering kg where it should be pounds or vis versa? Is height in the right measurement, inches versus cm or meters. Recheck your numbers they are off somewhere!
  • DaddieCat
    DaddieCat Posts: 3,643 Member
    Options

I do... but I liked the book better.
  • NRSPAM
    NRSPAM Posts: 961 Member
    Options
    You're the only one, lol! MFP wants us all to eat 1,200 calories! LMBO! Pretty sure you did something wrong entering your stats. Either that or you're reading it wrong. :wink: :heart:
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    then you better get busy
  • NRSPAM
    NRSPAM Posts: 961 Member
    Options

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    You fracked something up when you re-did your goals...
  • kyleekay10
    kyleekay10 Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRW9c7vRGvnhcqr78o2B09HTq5F5kGEwwlQMr7LFFJwc4cmoIuHLw
  • flumi_f
    flumi_f Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    You're the only one, lol! MFP wants us all to eat 1,200 calories! LMBO! Pretty sure you did something wrong entering your stats. Either that or you're reading it wrong. :wink: :heart:

Lucion must have stolen all our calories ;-)

No, seriously, something is severely off on that calculation. Just enter your stats again.