Back again...and more determined than ever.

Options
brandielowry
brandielowry Posts: 5 Member
edited November 2023 in Getting Started
So...I'm back again. I have just been "officially" diagnosed with diabetes. I need to keep track of my diet and exercise...and my blood sugar. I've used this site a couple times before, then slacked off. Now I'm back again. I just saw the doctor today and was told that my A1C and blood sugar were very high, and that I'm a diabetic. I'm suppose to keep track of my sugar levels, start exercising and lower my carb intake. This is very stressful, but I am very determined to stay on track this time. Help....Help....Help.

Replies

• nolansmommy87
    nolansmommy87 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Well, I don't have diabetes, but I too started slacking, and me slacking for the last year led me to gain 20 pounds instead of losing it! Count those calories, and do some cardio, but not more than you can handle. If you've got a treadmill, make sure you use some incline! If you've got a dog, walk it! If you've got a kid (LIKE ME) chase him/her LOL! I'm trying to lose at least 10-15 pounds before my husband comes home for Christmas (he's in the military and is stationed in Korea right now). And then he comes home for good in March, and I want all of this weight gone! Good luck to you!
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    your goal weight is 100 pounds? :O
  • tknuzum1984
    Options
    I have diabetes, and have been slacking since I was diagnosed. I learned I was in denial about it, till last November I had a DKA happen, and it scared me straight. Now I am in the process still of finding the happy middle where carbs are low, exercise is up, and that I quit gaining wait taking the meds that I do. Its a marathon, not a sprint, keep up on it, and you will can do it. If you have a smart phone, you can do this app, and I have found an app called dbees.com that is a sugar tracker. You track sugar levels, meal carbs, and amounts of insulin you take and it will email your doctor all your findings. It also keeps track of your exercise to show how it all works together. Very helpful app to see where they are, graph how they are, and keep track of when the last shot, or what not was. Highly recommended. And would like to befriend you and we can be helpful to each other! Good luck and you can do this!
  • tknuzum1984
    Options
    She wants to loose 100 from what I see
  • staysound
    Options
    Good luck
    :smile:
    You have plenty of time before your :heart: comes home
  • LJGmom
    LJGmom Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    You can do it! It's worth it, you will feel so much better! Start by walking and counting calories. You will learn so much about food and health. Be diligent, don't forget to log anything! Before you know it you'll see results!
  • aprilhopps
    Options
    I was doing real good. Was loosing steadily. The hubby was off work due to a back injury... he is a junk food junkie... needless to say, there went my support out the window.
    He's back to working & now i am back to trying to lose at least 30 Lbs before the end of the year. Hard for me to workout due to my asthma & a really messed up knee. We have a 3yr old who keeps me busy so hopefully that will help in the exercise dept.
    My weakness is chocolate & foo foo coffee"s( very good but loaded with calories)... I have cut back on the chocolate... & now only have the foo foo once a wk on sunday morning... cut back on how much good stuff I put in it too....
This discussion has been closed.