burn 600 cals in 1/2 hour!

Options
Give blood! Ok, so you don't actually burn the cals in the 1/2 hour, but over the course of the day and the next replenishing your blood supply you will burn about 600 calories! Plus you save lives.

Replies

• lmr9
    lmr9 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    Really? Wow - that's amazing! Thanks for sharing!
  • goal30Lori
    goal30Lori Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    That's very cool! Another great reason to give!
  • ❤B☩❤
    ❤B☩❤ Posts: 634
    Options
    I'm a double plasma donor....does that get me 1200 calories? LOL!

I don't care that we burn calories replenishing out blood supply.... I just plain old FEEL GOOD when I donate!!
    Thanks for the post. Maybe more people will get out there and donate!

:heart:
  • MFPfriend
    MFPfriend Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options

I don't care that we burn calories replenishing out blood supply.... I just plain old FEEL GOOD when I donate!!

Ditto! It just feels good to know you've saved a life.

(and you have an excuse to eat sugar after, lol). :D
  • krinio
    krinio Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I was just thinking about this today actually. I've only given blood once and it's just reached the time when I can donate again. Just made a little mental note to do it! This just adds to the benefits!:smile:
  • desireebutts
    Options
    WOW!!! that's crazy!
  • MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options

I agree, I have been donating for over 10 years minus a year for pregnant / Bfing and a year for ineligible from traveling to Costa Rica. It's a nice perk though - especially since you kinda have to give up your workout for the day to do so. But, sorry, you probably still burn around the same #, since they return all the plasma in double red cell donation. :wink: I only passed the iron test by .2, so yesterday kinda knocked me on my butt for part of this week!