Sodium

Options
I have been really good at cutting my sodium down, but every once in a while i will have a can of soup. But the past 2 times i have had a can of soup my stomach started to hurt about 30 minutes after i finished eating, do you think this is from the sodium because my body is no longer used to such high amounts?

Replies

• lilmandy89
    lilmandy89 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I have been really good at cutting my sodium down, but every once in a while i will have a can of soup. But the past 2 times i have had a can of soup my stomach started to hurt about 30 minutes after i finished eating, do you think this is from the sodium because my body is no longer used to such high amounts?
  • winwin
    winwin Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I see a lot of people have viewed your topic, but no one is answering. I have no idea if that would cause your stomach to hurt or not. That's probably why no one else has answered.

I think that would be a good question for a nutritionist, a dietitian, or a doctor.

Good luck, and let us know what you find out if anything.
  • jpwarner
    jpwarner Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    As in all things, you have to do process of elimination, just like they do with allergies.
    Sodium can cause abdominal pain by irritating the stomach lining, which can cause heartburn or ulcerlike symptoms

I have a very bad problem controling sodium which is my next step now that I am getting my daily calories for the day controled.
  • lilmandy89
    lilmandy89 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    thankyou, that explains the pains :flowerforyou: