Frustrations

Options
So I've been trying so hard to lose weight for a very long time. I've been on Citralopam for my anxiety for over about a year and a half. I've gained weight even when watching what I eat and working out.

My biggest frustration - it doesn't matter how I eat, I can't lose weight. I can eat only when I'm hungry, eat until I'm satisfied and maintain my weight. I can eat very healthy and clean and maintain or gain weight. I can eat out 3 meals a day and I maintain weight. I don't know if it's the medication that I'm on or what? I did stop taking it for a month and my weight didn't budge. I wasn't eating the best, but I wasn't eating horrible either. I'm at my wits end!!!

Replies

• Adc7225
    Adc7225 Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    I understand your frustrations, first I would google the question about your medication and/or ask your doctor about side effects.

My weight fluctuated around 5 - 10 lbs for 14 years - this was told to me by me very excited doctor . . . is seemed like no matter how I changed my diet, usually due to allergies or my IBS I never lost any weight.

Prior to joining MFP I joined a gym, I made sure everyone around me knew that I was not dieting but that in time my eating would change. I listen to my body, I know when I have not eaten balanced, or when I have eaten junk, etc. I exercise daily. purchased a FitBit and I think for you something like that might help, start by tracking your normal activity and increase your steps a little at time and see if you notice any changes.

I knew that I would have to get active and that along with changes in my diet would result in some weight lose. I also realized that if I were to diet it would come off faster but I tried that for a week and a half and I felt horrible and was really cranky.

Don't give up, you just have not found what will work for your body.