Who else loves to drink wine?

Options
I LOVE my wine at night. I drink 2-3 5 oz glasses but I'm trying to have one or zero. I like it so much and will save my calories for it. It makes me so happy when I have a glass of wine in the evening. I don't enjoy it as much during the day for some reason if the girls go out for lunch or on a weekend. I have lost 3 kilo's so far or 7 pounds. So, so far I'm able to work it into my diet. I have 3 active boys that sometimes drive me crazy in the evening and the wine just makes me happier. Ha! Anyone else also love it as much as I do?

Replies

• CharityGC
    CharityGC Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    You could say I'm a fan. :happy:
  • Naomi0504
    Naomi0504 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I Iove it very much :smile: I don't drink it at home though so it's easy for me to cut back. I'll have 1-2 glasses maybe twice a week. White zin and pink moscato are my faves :smile:
  • chezjuan
    chezjuan Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    I do. And beer. And Gin. And Scotch. I try to be sure I have room for 2-3 adult beverages a day after getting close to or meeting my macro goals. A good drink is, for me, a nice way to relax after work or before bed.

The difference is that now I fit them into my det. Before I lost my weight and got into better shape, I would drink on top of (over)eating.

:drinker:
  • beccaniles
    beccaniles Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Captain of the Riesling Army, right hyah. :drinker:
  • Mouse_Potato
    Mouse_Potato Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    <--Loves her wine! Two glasses right before bed. Keeps me from strangling somebody. :drinker:
  • srm1960
    srm1960 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    :drinker:
    White in the summer, red blends in the colder months!!????????.
  • Alisontheice
    Alisontheice Posts: 9,624 Member
    Options
    Love me some wine. If I have a few extra calories left I will imbibe and I have been known to save a few calories if I plan to be opening a nice bottle.

What are people's favourites. We have a Riesling from a "local" vineyard. By local I mean from ontario. My husband works with the owner's daughter. Soooo good. I need to find a good red for thanksgiving this weekend.
  • TigerBite
    TigerBite Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Did someone say "wine"? ... LoL ...I'm a red girl (rose too) .... Lambrusco and Shiraz are two of my favorites, but I'll drink anything that's not too dry ...

Love that a whole bottle is only about 600-700 calories ...

ETA: When I go to the bar I usulally order a vodka club w/ lime, I've found that most bar's wine selections are seriously lacking ...
  • CookNLift
    CookNLift Posts: 3,660 Member
    Options
    Pinot Noir, Chianti, Cabernet Sauvignon (NEVER EVER Merlot)
  • ramsx1991
    ramsx1991 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I love wine! I don't drink it often, because I would rather have food than wine. But when I go out I do drink wine over anything else!
  • peterjasper
    peterjasper Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Oh dear yes I love wine. I have been laying off it though as I think the extra calories will slow my weight loss.
  • sguterogers
    sguterogers Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Oooh. Good to know the calorie count of a whole bottle because I defiantly drink that at a party. That is my limit and if I drink more than that I feel pretty hung over the next day. I'm a Chardonnay fan but California wine is too expensive in China so it's from Chile or Austrilia and it's decent.
  • suzyfj8
    suzyfj8 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I love wine, but trying to cut down as there are so many calories!
  • sofist
    sofist Posts: 1
    Options
    I do, so very very much. WHY can't they invent a calorie free wine? I love my diet coke, I'm sure I could come to love the diet wine as well *implores scientists out there*
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    WINOS ADD ME!, and get your butts on and chat! some of us on here have a blast!
  • g2214n
    g2214n Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Yes to wine at any time!! A bottle a day keeps the doctor away.... Top of my list - Medoc, Pomerol, Barolo, Margaux ...
  • frenchfacey
    frenchfacey Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I love wine.
    I work in wine, i go to school for wine and I drink sooo much???? I just have to seriously bank my calories if I want to see a loss

It's WORTH it
  • albertine58
    albertine58 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    lovee wine. I *try* to only drink once a week- I could certainly fit a glass into my calories every day, but it definitely lowers my willpower and sometimes leads to eating more than I should! I have a wine and cheese event at school tonight; I'm going to have some wine, but only a little because I need strength to resist the cheeeese!
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    I love white wine, but I only have it once in a while and in moderation, or else this happens:

MDnVlN5.gif

lol, ok I am exaggerating a bit, but I just have a couple glasses here and there.