Cucumber Sandwiches

Replies

• Sedna_51
    Sedna_51 Posts: 277 Member
    Interesting. I'd prefer bread most of the time, but I think these would be particularly good in the summer when it's hot. Maybe with a little smoked salmon and creme fraiche, or a good creamy cheese to balance the cucumber.
  • GermanMe
    GermanMe Posts: 10 Member
    I had those sandwiches over the summer when it was hot and it was really delicious and refreshing!
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Just an idea! If you like bread or aren't afraid of carbs than use bread, no bashing if you don't like it don't use it! Many different combination idea's be creative I love all the ideas!

...and it came to pass that on that day, nary a period was used.

So anyhow, cucumbers...

...are so filling. Half of a cucumber and I'm absolutely stuffed. Amirite?

I can handle a whole cucumber
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    I'm not low carb, and I thought this was going to be about a sandwich with just bread, cucumbers and mayo (or something) that seemed boring, but those actually do look like an interesting snack (not a meal). It's just like cracker sandwiches. but with cucumber. I should have thought of this when I was pregnant and throwing up for nine months and all I wanted to eat was cucumbers because I couldn't eat things that were dry. I think my kids would love these for a tea party.
  • tymberh
    tymberh Posts: 67 Member
    Okay not posting any of my ideas/tips anymore. Somehow, someone, always makes me feel like crap for "never using periods" or "being afraid of carbs" just trying to share my thoughts.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Okay not posting any of my ideas/tips anymore. Somehow, someone, always makes me feel like crap for "never using periods" or "being afraid of carbs" just trying to share my thoughts.

No one can "make" you feel anything. That's all on you.

Not everyone is going to like or agree with what you have to say. If you let even little things like this bother you so much, you are going to have a tough time in life.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    If I don't like cucumber can I substitute bread or something?

If you're not using cucumbers you can use cauliflower. It tastes just like bread.

actually you can mash up cucumber and cauliflower into a dough like substance, bake, and bam! you have what I call caulicucbread...delicious!
  • RivenV
    RivenV Posts: 1,667 Member

If you're not using cucumbers you can use cauliflower. It tastes just like bread.

actually you can mash up cucumber and cauliflower into a dough like substance, bake, and bam! you have what I call caulicucbread...delicious!

Omg! Totes going to try this! Great side dish for my noodle-free lasagna!
  • tymberh
    tymberh Posts: 67 Member

No one can "make" you feel anything. That's all on you.

Not everyone is going to like or agree with what you have to say. If you let even little things like this bother you so much, you are going to have a tough time in life.

I've already had a tough time in life and trust me, I'm strong and can get through anything considering what I have been through. I'm just stating that the comments weren't really necessary.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member

you can make pasta out of it too! cucumbcaulisagna al dente!
  • RivenV

you can make pasta out of it too! cucumbcaulisagna al dente!

That's perfect! Now I just have to find the perfect cheesecake recipe for dessert. But it has to be no-fat, no-carb, and low calorie. Plus, I have a laundry list of dietary restrictions based on the nutrition blogs I read. I'm sure I'll find something on pinterest.
  • RivenV
    and once again people start being c*nts about cauliflower replacements....once again i say if you don't care for the ideas or the recipes, don't say anything at all. this website is supposed to be about support!

Maybe I'm confused, but I thought this particular section of the website was supposed to be about recipes.
  • TX_Rhon
    TX_Rhon Posts: 1,549 Member
    Not liking the 'C' word!! :grumble: Not sure that 'C'auliflower would make a better substitute for the sandwiches.

:bigsmile:
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    I've tried those, and the cream cheese was completely sliding from the cucumber, the whole thing kept falling apart. It was a mess.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,865 Member
    Those look pretty damn awesome and I might try that for some appetizers or something...but I'm afraid it'll never pass muster as an actual sammich....
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    The cucumber sandwich thing looks like a good idea for an app. But seeing how I am a runner, low carb is not a good idea for me. Thanks for the snack idea though!
  • FitCanuckChick
    FitCanuckChick Posts: 240 Member
    Just an idea! If you like bread or aren't afraid of carbs than use bread, no bashing if you don't like it don't use it! Many different combination idea's be creative I love all the ideas!

I just love this idea and never thought of it before. There are endless combinations. My kids will love it too.
  • piratesaregrand
    piratesaregrand Posts: 356 Member
    I thought this was going to be about my favourite :(

A slice of fresh white bread, 4 slices of cucumber lined up down one side, a sprinkle of salt and pepper, fold bread in half, dunk end in vinegar and eat. Repeat last two steps until it's gone
  • glynda66
    glynda66 Posts: 184 Member
    What a clever idea! :smile:
  • FitCanuckChick
    FitCanuckChick Posts: 240 Member
    I'm really curious why people are jumping all over this recipe for. Some of the comments here are just really rude and mean. She is just sharing a recipe. You like it or you don't. But there is no need to ridicule it.

To the op. I want to say, I read you profile and felt just so inspired by your attitude towards what life has dealt you and your incredibly positive attitude. :happy: :heart: