• wingchungym
    Options
    Eat Fast, live longer Horizon BBC :smile:
  • Miss_Meliss86
    Miss_Meliss86 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Supernatural is so good, Probably one of my faves
    True blood - if you like vampires and werewolves

Firefly - This is a must - if you watch nothing else EVER, you must watch this - it will give you serious nergasms!

Going to ask my cousin to borrow her Supernatural to start watching soon, and agreed with Firefly!!! True Blood got kind of strange after the 4th season...but to each their own :smile:
  • workout_ninja
    workout_ninja Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Supernatural is so good, Probably one of my faves
    True blood - if you like vampires and werewolves

Firefly - This is a must - if you watch nothing else EVER, you must watch this - it will give you serious nergasms!

Going to ask my cousin to borrow her Supernatural to start watching soon, and agreed with Firefly!!! True Blood got kind of strange after the 4th season...but to each their own :smile:

I love Supernatural - I get so emotionally invested in the characters - I love them! I agree with True Blood, but I like weirdness of it!!
  • lucan07
    lucan07 Posts: 509
    Options
    I turned on TV last night and saw a few minutes of a documentary "Paid to be fat" it was enough to strengthen my resolve to get fit and lose weight!
  • VeganLexi
    VeganLexi Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Religulous
    Forks over Knives
    Food Inc
    Earthlings
    Crazy Sexy Cancer
    Chasing Ice
    Food Matters
    Super Size Me
  • VeganLexi
    VeganLexi Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    I turned on TV last night and saw a few minutes of a documentary "Paid to be fat" it was enough to strengthen my resolve to get fit and lose weight!

On Ch5? I watched it for a bit until I felt a bit of sick come up in to in my mouth...revolting!!
  • horrorstory
    horrorstory Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I really liked "Modify" (I think thats the name) all about body modifications.
  • ElliottTN
    ElliottTN Posts: 1,614 Member
    Options
    Watch "i want to look like that guy"...very motivating although it is plagued with lots of bro science so watch out for that!

I'll second that one. YouTube now has the full version.
  • ANDRE_DOE
    ANDRE_DOE Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Religulous
    Forks over Knives
    Food Inc
    Earthlings
    Crazy Sexy Cancer
    Chasing Ice
    Food Matters
    Super Size Me

I was going to recommend some of these Ive seen Forks over Knives
    Food Inc Food Matters
    Super Size Me going to find the others and watch them
  • Ophidion
    Ophidion Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    B.I.K.E. Black Label Bike Club

Driven by anti-materialism and a belief that the impending apocalypse will render cars useless and leave bicycles in power, Black Label Bike Club (BLBC) battles mainstream consumer culture and rival gangs for its vision of a better tomorrow.

Pulling threads from Critical Mass and the wider bike counterculture, B.I.K.E. explores such themes as radical politics, personal artistic vision, global responsibility, relationships, group formation, and perhaps most prominently, pain and love.

This gritty film provides insight into a passionate subculture, and exposes the darker aspects of living on the wild side. Edited from over 385 hours of footage spanning two years, Fountainhead Films presents B.I.K.E.: a riveting look into the ways in which identity is important for a collective of fiercely independent people
  • emstethem
    emstethem Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    documentary--Food Inc. Or Sicko

T.V. Shows...I don't really watch a lot of TV, but I think I like that show Bar Rescue...lol I caught myself watching it one day for longer than two minutes... :)
  • Ophidion
    Options
    Entheogen: Awakening the Divine Within

American - The Bill Hicks Story

Capitalism: A Love Story

GasLand
  • apedeb09
    apedeb09 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Documentaries: Super Size Me (I swear I didn't eat mcdonald's for a year after watching it!), Fat sick and nearly dead, Forks over knives..

TV shows (these are my favorites): The Office, Desperate Housewives, The Walking Dead, Grey's Anatomy, Private Practice, Gossip Girl, Reaper, and the 1st season of American Horror Story. :)
  • Ophidion
    Options
    I really liked "Modify" (I think thats the name) all about body modifications.
    +1 and yes that is the title and besides looking at things like piercing, branding etc it also looks at bodybuilders which was interesting.
  • Ophidion
    Options
    Samsara
    Filmed over nearly five years in twenty-five countries on five continents, and shot on seventy-millimetre film, Samsara transports us to the varied worlds of sacred grounds, disaster zones, industrial complexes, and natural wonders.

Baraka
    A collection of expertly photographed scenes of human life and religion.
  • johnlatv
    johnlatv Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    Docs

BlackFish
    Central Park Five
    Chasing Ice
    Being Elmo
    Dear Zachary
    The Imposter
    Sound City

TV

American Horror Story
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    I've only seen it on you tube, but it's called "Reversal of Fortune"

Basically, they give this homeless guy $100K without any stipulations on the money. We follow the poor guy and watch him blow through the money in a matter of 6 months.
  • Nycdanz13
    Options
    A state of mind.
    It's about gymnasts in North Korea
  • NoortjeGrolsch
    NoortjeGrolsch Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Community
    Wilfred
    The IT Crowd
    Arrested Development
    Game of Thrones
    Utopia (mini-series)
    Black Mirror (mini-series)

For documentary and entertainment I'd recommend some very interesting YouTube channels:
    Vsauce
    ASAPScience
    Veritasium
    MinutePhysics
    CGPGrey
  • denfrank
    denfrank Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    The Interrupters, The Trials of Muhammed Ali (out in Nov), Earth Days, American Movie (free on Crackle)
    and anything on PBS Independent Lens.