Help! LOADS of calories coming up!

Options
2»

Replies

• furniem
    furniem Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Be thankful that you are cognisant that this is above and beyond what your goal intake of calories are supposed to be. Before watching your diet you would never have flinched at this. :happy:
    It is only a couple of meals in the grand scheme of things and you have to live your life. Be as healthy as you can and then enjoy and then get right back on the wagon afterwards.
    No biggie!
  • klund13
    klund13 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Whenever I know a "big" meal is coming up, I do an extra hour of cardio. Also make sure to drink water so you don't waste calories on tea/soda/etc. Have fun! :)
  • anlu37
    anlu37 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I don't stress about special meals. I eat. I try my best to make smart choices and log as accurately as possible. I go by the 90-10 rule so that I can allow for times like this. 90% of my meals are right on track. 10% of them, I just eat. I don't binge or go crazy. One meal out of ten is not going to undo all your hard work. If I feel particularly guilty about a meal, I create a 50-100 calorie deficit to make up for it over the next few days or days prior.
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    I just went out to a steakhouse yesterday. The smallest cut they had was a 12oz. NY strip. I cut it in half and only ate half. It fit in to my calories well. You can do it. I also don't worry about going up to maintenance once in awhile.
  • kowajenn
    kowajenn Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Yep, eat half of what you get, take the rest home and eat it tomorrow. Restaurant portion sizes are ridiculous so eat slowly and you won't feel deprived at all.