Anyone at the halfway point and need motivating ?

Options
Ok so i have lost over 50lbs since january and though i am very proud of myself for achieving this , i am hitting the ''what exercise?'' stage !! In the past 2 months , me and my ex split and i have had to move counties , so you could say iv'e had a lot going on ... but i don't want to use this as an excuse ! I have been so dedicated to losing weight and up until august , i have successfully lost at least a lb every week. The past week i have had serious words with myself , made food changes ( back to basics ) and introduced more exercise BUT i'm missing that fighting spirit i had and just hope i can get that back. I want to lose a further stone and a half., so need to get my butt in gear because this is the hardest part . Since august , i haven't properly slipped or anything ... not eating junk all the time .. its just i making more allowances for myself and cutting bk on exercise .

Looking for a few buddies too ...

Replies

• toffee2013
    toffee2013 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    mmmm bump
  • Pickledpiper
    Pickledpiper Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat, I would like to lose another 20-30lbs (after having lost 80lbs since March) and it's becoming increasingly difficult (just got back on track with my eating this week after about a month of ups and downs), and let's not even mention my lack of motivation to exercise!! Ugh

I think for me, part of the issue is that I am somewhat comfortable with my appearance now, so there isn't as much of an urgency to continue on in the same intensity as I was. Unfortunately it has caused me to become rather laxed in my approach to things. Plus, like you, I have recently had some stressors in my life that have not helped the situation.

I think this past week I have (somewhat) begun to get back on track. I am still struggling with the motivation to exercise (as it has never been something that is enjoyable for me), but I am still losing with just eating at a deficit, so I'll take that!!

Anyway, sorry I don't have any advice, hopefully just knowing you're not alone in this helps. Feel free to add me as a friend!
  • toffee2013
    Options
    exactly the same as me hun . i think im a lot more comfortable with my appearance now than i was before ... so yeah , that probably explains it . Ye il add you .
  • kowajenn
    kowajenn Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I'm there and having a really difficult time remaining motivated to eat at a deficit. The loss is slow and darn it, I miss feeling full! I haven't gone off plan, but I've been fantasizing about creamy, fatty food. Add me if you'd like!
  • jrodgers239
    Options
    I am exactly there as well. I've lost a total of 25-30 pounds (depending on the day) since January and I would like to lose another 40 pounds or so. I lost the weight from January to June in time for my wedding but since then my motivation has been lacking. I am really proud of myself for losing the weight (and more importantly not gaining more than a couple pounds back in the past 4ish months) but I want so badly to find that same determination and drive that I had 6 months ago.
  • toffee2013
    Options
    I am exactly there as well. I've lost a total of 25-30 pounds (depending on the day) since January and I would like to lose another 40 pounds or so. I lost the weight from January to June in time for my wedding but since then my motivation has been lacking. I am really proud of myself for losing the weight (and more importantly not gaining more than a couple pounds back in the past 4ish months) but I want so badly to find that same determination and drive that I had 6 months ago.

Feel free to add me and we can support each other ... push through this bad patch .
  • katelynal
    katelynal Posts: 114
    Options
    Ok so i have lost over 50lbs since january and though i am very proud of myself for achieving this , i am hitting the ''what exercise?'' stage !! In the past 2 months , me and my ex split and i have had to move counties , so you could say iv'e had a lot going on ... but i don't want to use this as an excuse ! I have been so dedicated to losing weight and up until august , i have successfully lost at least a lb every week. The past week i have had serious words with myself , made food changes ( back to basics ) and introduced more exercise BUT i'm missing that fighting spirit i had and just hope i can get that back. I want to lose a further stone and a half., so need to get my butt in gear because this is the hardest part . Since august , i haven't properly slipped or anything ... not eating junk all the time .. its just i making more allowances for myself and cutting bk on exercise .

I can really identify with the midway slump and I have been trying to determine the cause(s) also. If I am truly doing this for life and not just to lose weight, it seems that I wouldn't be slowing down :( PLUS I should be totally stoked at losing 62 pounds since April 9th of this year! Trying hard to get my focus back - today I made a little photo montage to document my loss so far. Not many pics at my top weight, but I think that visual reminder is going to be helpful. I am going to look at it every day.

Wonderful losses by every person on this thread! Please do add me - together we CAN do this!!
  • toffee2013
    Options

I can really identify with the midway slump and I have been trying to determine the cause(s) also. If I am truly doing this for life and not just to lose weight, it seems that I wouldn't be slowing down :( PLUS I should be totally stoked at losing 62 pounds since April 9th of this year! Trying hard to get my focus back - today I made a little photo montage to document my loss so far. Not many pics at my top weight, but I think that visual reminder is going to be helpful. I am going to look at it every day.

Wonderful losses by every person on this thread! Please do add me - together we CAN do this!!

Thats a really good idea , will try that and il add you too .
  • mi18agnes
    Options
    Hey there

When I'm searching for motivation I usually read about fitness, blogs, magazines, I watch videos about it on Youtube, etc.
    If it still doesn't work, I try to focus on how it will make me feel, because everybody feels fantastic after losing 25 pounds or 10 pounds or anything! So I think "This is worth it!".
    And I try to surround myself of people with the same goals and they actually push me and get me going.

I hope I helped, this is what works for me. I've already passed thru a lot of difficult days (and weeks) but I've always struggled and believed in myself.
    Good luck!!
  • lina1131
    lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
    Options
    I am right there with you. :indifferent: