anyone taking N.O,-XPLODE advanced strength???...

Options
2»

Replies

• jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    I take about 1/2 scoop 4 days a week. Gets me going for my workout.

Before a competitive game or run, 2-3 scoops. That's usually once a week....maybe twice. That's the thing, you need to switch it up once in a while, at least I do as I build up a tolerance and if you take too much it can screw with your stomach (it can mess mine up).

I used to take 1 scoop prior to lifting with decent results. A few times I tried the same does before longer training rides and didn't notice any meaningful difference over the course of 3 hours.

I've since switch to BSN's Hyper FX which I like better for lifting, and I stick to calories and caffeine for racing.

Maybe this is one of those "try it and see" times for the OP.
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    I take about 1/2 scoop 4 days a week. Gets me going for my workout.

Before a competitive game or run, 2-3 scoops. That's usually once a week....maybe twice. That's the thing, you need to switch it up once in a while, at least I do as I build up a tolerance and if you take too much it can screw with your stomach (it can mess mine up).

I used to take 1 scoop prior to lifting with decent results. A few times I tried the same does before longer training rides and didn't notice any meaningful difference over the course of 3 hours.

I've since switch to BSN's Hyper FX which I like better for lifting, and I stick to calories and caffeine for racing.

Maybe this is one of those "try it and see" times for the OP.

Yep...

I had awful results with Hyper. Stomach couldn't handle it, gave me headaches.....
  • DaddieCat
    DaddieCat Posts: 3,643 Member
    Options
    It's a pre-workout supplement so no it will not contribute to weight gain/loss. It will give you the tingles though.

If it does that.....you're taking too much.

But I thought.... 2 or 3 scoops was normal? Doesn't everyone take 2 scoops? I mean, even raisin bran tells me to and surely he knows what's up.
  • foodfastfit
    foodfastfit Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    The caffeine content of 1 scoop of NO Xplode is 225mg. Hyper FX contains 270mg. A can of Red Bull has 80mg.

The effects of caffeine become less effective after prolonged use which is why BSN recommends cycling off the product after 12 weeks of use for 4 weeks.